Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Anybody got a 12 valve kicking around? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/anybody-got-12-valve-kicking-around-263840/)

krh 02-16-2010 07:31 PM

id avoid moores for machining, very pricy. i dealt with economy cylinder head who sent my block to precision machining. Got my parts through alberta engine, new pistons and everything for like 1800 bucks i think. Anyway, id talk to alberta engine parts and precision machining in calgary. i was very pleased with the parts and service

JHansen 02-22-2010 06:33 PM

I found a donor truck to swap the motor across and part the rest out. Bought it non-running and partially disassembled-turns out it was given up for dead over a rotted off fuel supply hose. Runs like a watch once that problem was fixed. I still might rebuild the old one for a later date down the road-but this will get the truck up and running again. I'll have a bunch of stuff for sale off a '97 2500 with an automatic in a few days....:cool:

krh 02-24-2010 05:22 PM

nice moves on that one.

Mike Holmen 02-25-2010 08:24 AM

Jhansen, hows the build going? You will have to snap a picture for us to following along. Sounds like you got a cool project on the go. If you need a hand, I can see about finding a day to come out to help. Maybe I can snap up that other 12v motor from ya. My dad told me last week that I night need a few more motors, as I'm starting to getting low again.[laugh]

JHansen 02-25-2010 08:49 AM

Heading to the shop this morning to yank the donor out Mike. I think I have everything on top done, just have to lay under the truck for the fun stuff now. Will be a little slower as we have to build a plate for the tranny jack as I don't have anything automatic-specific for it (I threw away the sliding arm garbage that came with it stock-every different application now gets a 1/4" plate mount built that bolts to the tranny mount and cradles the front-much more secure. Got a setup for a 5600 and another for a 205 transfer case so far). Then wheel the '98 in and start on it. Have to make a parts run to Edmonton tomorrow, and my nephew's 4th birthday party is Saturday afternoon, so probably will be Sunday by the time I have both side-by-side on the shop floor. Then start moving stuff across, fixing leaks, etc. Hoping that the rear main seal/sleeve installer I ordered shows soon-that'll be the holdup I think. If all goes well, maybe Monday I can start the reinstallation.

Mcmopar 02-25-2010 09:00 AM

PM me if you need a block?

Mike Holmen 02-25-2010 07:52 PM

you have any plans for the old engine and the auto?

JHansen 02-26-2010 08:47 AM

No, everything off the donor truck plus everything salvageable off the old motor is hitting the sale block. The transmission has had some work done somewhere down the line-the converter has a reman sticker on it. Fluid was darker, but not burnt. Haven't pulled the pan to have a look, but it shifted good in the few miles that I drove it. I'm going to move the 215 pump onto this motor with a spare set of 215 injectors that I have, so the 180 pump will be for sale as well-roxxx may be interested in this and the gearcase etc.?

Mike Holmen 02-26-2010 09:11 AM

I'll be second inline for that stuff if Roxx doesn't want it. PM a price on the transmission.