4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Count me in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in!

Well men I just picked up a 2010 deep water blue 6 speed crew cab ST 4x4. She is SWEET. These ST's are coming pretty well optioned these days, and this one has everything I wanted exept keyless entry. I just couldn't cut loose with the cash that they wanted for a SLT. Do any of you good folks know if it is possible to add factory keyless to this truck? Maybe buy the keys and have the ecm reflashed, or can I be that lucky? Thanks for your time and help.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:13 PM

congrats on the new truck! We need some pics!!! Those STs are very appealing with all the extras they're coming with! Cant help w/ the keyless entry. Just want pics!

scott
Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 06quad
Well men I just picked up a 2010 deep water blue 6 speed crew cab ST 4x4. She is SWEET. These ST's are coming pretty well optioned these days, and this one has everything I wanted exept keyless entry. I just couldn't cut loose with the cash that they wanted for a SLT. Do any of you good folks know if it is possible to add factory keyless to this truck? Maybe buy the keys and have the ecm reflashed, or can I be that lucky? Thanks for your time and help.
I was 50/50 on two extremes between getting an ST or a Laramie. If I got the ST, I was going to get the chrome appearance group but NOT the ST Convenience group as I wanted the plastic seats and vinyl flooring. I was going to get mineral gray and then go online and get the black fender flares like the Power Wagon has to tie in the black inserts under the headlights. Would have been very cool.

But -- I went with the Laramie. I couldn't pass up on the extensive goodies... Both are great trucks! Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 PM

Yep This truck has the manual T case which I wanted and the rubber floor mat which I wanted. As for creature comforts it has the chrome appearance package, power locks and windows, power and heated tow mirrors with puddle lights and turn signals, and sirius satelite radio. The cheap wheels don't mean anything to me as I plan to lift it and run 20" chrome wheels with 35" toyos. If I could just figure this keyless entry deal out I would be set. I have found the receivers and transmitters online straight from chrysler for about $350.00. I just don't want to spend that and then figure out I need to spend another $1000.00 to make it all work. I was hoping someone in the biz could give me a little insight. Too many part number men behind the counter are willing to sell you whatever you want if you give them the numbers. It seams very few are actually willing to dig deep and do some research to help a brother out. A good parts man is worth a lot fellas.....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
DJM

I went with the "ST" also because I wanted the manual transfer case, building my own diesel power wagon. Love the truck 3 weeks and 2,000 miles. I could not order power windows or power door locks from the factory.

Hornet alarm with the diesel turbo cool down feature & remote start will allow the installer to put in electric remote locks for $100 over the cost of the alarm

I don't mind rolling the window down manually.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM

I'd like to be able to roll the windows down manually, but the dealer told me if you buy the crew cab you have to take power windows. I'd also like a sliding rear window, but the manual one isn't available in the crew cab and the electric one is only available as part of a trim package. I don't want it that badly.
Apart from the fact that the power windows will eventually fail (and it's guaranteed to happen during a blizzard), it's a pain to have to get the key and turn the ignition on to close the windows. My '65 Lincoln has an override swtch that allows you to close the windows with the ignition off, but somebody must have decided that was dangerous because I havn't seen that feature lately.( I don't think I've ever had all 6 power windows on the Lincoln working at the same time, but that's another story)
Another thing you have to take with the crew cab is automatic door locks. The ol' lady's truck has them and they're probably the most annoying thing about it. Every time I move the truck a few feet and go around to the passenger side and try to open the door to reach my tool box, I have to go back and open the driver's door to unlock the passenger door. I suppose if I drove her truck all the time, I'd get used to it, but I'd rather not have to.
The dealer said the automatic feature could be programmed out at the factory, but it's not something I could switch on and off, on the remote chance that I might want it someday.