4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2010 problems again......

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 problems again......

First time posting on here. Posted on another site and didnt get much feedback so I thought maybe there were more active members on here.
Well a couple weeks ago I had a problem I couldnt solve until I unplugged the pedal and the problem went away. Went ahead and took it to a fuel injection service place and they replaced the MAF and all was well for about 5 days and couple hundred miles.
When I was on the highway while accelerating to pass someone the truck acted like someone shut the fuel off for a split second and then back on. It will does this continously almost like the truck is on a rev limiter or something. Very fast momentary off on. I can see on my RaceMe Ultra tuner that the desired RP and actual RP drop dramatically instantly and then back up and back down. I thought maybe the Fuel Rail Pressure Relief popped and then wouldnt hold and was causing it so I ordered a plug. Put the plug in and same thing so its not that. Only things left are the CP3 (fuel injection service tested its pressure and said it was very good. Dont remember specific numbers) FCA and pressure sensor. Any thoughts on what to try next? FCA? Sensor? At my wits end with this thing.
Truck fully deleted with RaceMe Ultra tuner, throttle blade delete, full 5" exhaust and different NON vgt turbo with H&S exhaust manifold.
Thoughts?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im having the same issues with my 2010, was passing people and in the throttle and the check engine light came on and service exhaust system came on the dash. truck had like next to no power and was constantly smoking like it was bogging out. got home cleared the codes and truck ran great again. then couple weeks later i was passing people again in the throttle pretty good and the check engine light came on then it said on my screen on the dash, "service exhaust system see dealer now" got off the highway and stopped at a red light and the truck stalled out and wouldnt start it would just crank. getting a p0254 code and also had a p0193 code as well. bought a fuel rail pressure sensor and a plug for where the pressure relief valve was off amazon (probs not the best choice but it was 300$ cheaper) since ive replaced those the truck starts up now and runs rough still constantly smokes when test driven and sometimes it stalls when i stop and it will start back up. tried un plugging the FCA to see if it ran differently and didnt notice much of a difference. gonna replace that and see what i get out of it. gonna have a scanner hooked up and see the pressure thats getting put to the rails and injectors.only getting the p0254 code now. have you figured anything out yet? ready to just take it to the shop and bite the bullet.