3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Rear middle headrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear middle headrest

I've been toying with getting a newer truck (Mega cab) and even maybe an older truck but getting a family-oriented daily driver. After much looking around, I feel like I'd be happy enough just keeping mine.

Problem is it's a 2003 - no rear headrests, which are a must for me as my kids are close to outgrowing child seats and my son won't even fit the high-back booster (with built-in headrest) for much longer. For the short term, I think I should be able to just find a salvage yard seat from a 2004 (same interior with 2 rear headrests on the outside).

Within 2 years, I'll need something with a 3rd headrest in the rear (middle position). Has anyone had any luck adding one? Can anyone show any pics of the guts of the seat to see if it's possible to fabricate something?

I've been searching the net for days trying to come up with a solution and it looks like very few have come up with anything. The subject has come up a lot but no solutions so far for me.

I'm surprised there's no aftermarket for this given the number of trucks out there, but probably a liability thing...
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've still been working on this... I came across a jeep forum where a guy took off the seat cover, drilled through the top of the seat frame, and then added a lower support for the headrest "poles" to reinforce. I'm wondering if it would be possible to do this? Anyone have any pics of the guts of these seats so I could make a plan?