3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

power distribution module ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy power distribution module ??

lights on my 03 work truck are screwed, lamp out light is on have 1 brake light working a different signal light tried bulbs with out luck when flasher is on sounds like its running double time as if theres a bulb out ,dealer says have to replace lamp and power module but they are back ordered . seems like there still guessing and changing parts .. is there aftermarket some way to bypass the module to get the lights working?? HELP I need the truck on the road..
Old 07-15-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some people have had to replace the board that the bulb plugs into. I wonder if that is what the dealer is referring to or the thing under the hood.

Do a search for "lamp out" and then maybe refine it with "board". Ask the dealer about the board before he replaces the Front Control Module. My bet is on the board.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM

has anyone heard or had the modules go bad truck only has 80,000k
what was the cause and is there anyway to bypass or rewire??
Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by blk dually
has anyone heard or had the modules go bad truck only has 80,000k
what was the cause and is there anyway to bypass or rewire??
Yes... Unforutnately I had to replace mine... I let a guy barrow my trailer and he ended up getting short in the wiring... I plugged in back into my truck and the LS lights stopped working and the fuse was ok. It ended up being the Dist box under the hood.
It was back ordered back then too and I ended up paying $450 to get it replaced. $250 for the part and the rest was the schrewin that I got from the dealer.
I had to have it though... Pull cargo trailer every day and it is hard to change lanes with out a blinker in traffic! I was having to use my fender for a blinker some times
Oilguy