3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Need A/c help out of town broke and he my dog with me hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need A/c help out of town broke and he my dog with me hot

This is an emergency to me, it topped 103 today out here West of Sweeteater, TX. I drive out here Sunday and things were great. I have my traveling partner my Blue Healer D.J., he goes everywhere with me. Well started back to hotel today and my vent temp dropped to 85degrees. I'm freaking cause it going to be 104 tomorrow with 2 mph winds. And I do a lot of sitting while the contractor is working on pipeline during certain welding process. I pulled fan and replaced it, it was going out cause I hv better air coming thru vents but still not blowing hard enough. I had my freon checked he checked for free. Freon checked good. Receiver sweating back great and is ice cold. It nearly acts as if there is hot air coming in somewhere. Wondering if recirc. Door is opening up when turning in air. It was shut when I checked it for broken. Thinking bout disconnecting servo motor and screwing A screw with washer to keep shut. I never use outside air here in Texas.

2nd problem trying to figure out what servo motor controls what air flow. All I need is vents and defrost, I rarely turn bi level on. Can anyone please help me I don't hv slot of $$$ this week get paid next Friday. Paid my hotel for the month and bills so very short on money this week. Any help would be very gratefully appreciated. God bless anyone who responds. You can text me at 8oneseventhree68oneone42
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
This thread gives a good view of the hvac system. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...rstood-210483/

If the charge is good, the orifice is clear and compressor is running, I might suspect blend doors are broken. They direct air through or around the heater core depending on the temp selected.

As a temporary fix, you might put a valve in the heater hose. Be sure you have good concentration of antifreeze so you don't freeze up the heater core.