3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My truck is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck is here!!!

Well, after waiting 11 weeks and the fiasco regarding the G56 transmission holds, I got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that my truck had arrived. I stopped in last night, he handed me a dealer plate, and said be back before we close! I took it out for about an hour, checking everything, making sure everything worked, seeing if it had the 70mph vibration (nope!). This truck is awesome! It has a ton of power compared to my '97 with the 360. It's like night and day. The engine is so smooth, power is there when you need it, it'll light up the tires with no problem. The G56 feels good - a little notchy probably because it's new. A couple of times I was trying to go to 6th and almost hit 4th. You really have to push it to the right if you want to hit 6th everytime. I really wish DC offered the 3.55 rear gears though. Cruising at 70 mph with the 3.73's put the tach right at ~2200 rpm. Feels like you could grab another gear.

I asked about the bulletin regarding the addition of 1 quart of fluid for the transmission. He said that he was told the railyard had checked/added the fluid but that he was supposed to check it again once it reached the dealer. I asked about future trans. fluid changes and what the new capacity is. He said he'd find out and figured DC would probably issue an addendum to the ower's manual with new fluid capacity. Or it was just a simple matter of DC not putting the required amount in the first time.

Anyway, I'm picking up the truck this Saturday. I'm having them put on wheelwell liners and mud flaps while it's there as well as turning the tires around so the white lettering is on the inside. Then I can't wait to put some miles on it. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats!

MikeyB
Old 04-20-2005, 08:12 PM

Re: My truck is here!!!

Originally posted by Buickwagon
I really wish DC offered the 3.55 rear gears though. Cruising at 70 mph with the 3.73's put the tach right at ~2200 rpm. Feels like you could grab another gear.

Congrats on the new truck!
...you'll appreciate those 3.73's at that RPM when you tow something.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enjoy your new toy, Paul! But that means mine won't be here for at least another five weeks (ordered 3/7). How long after you ordered your truck were you able to get its VIN?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:53 PM

Mine was actually built very quickly - it might have been the fact that the order was placed on the 1st day of the month. Anyway, I ordered the truck on Tuesday, Feb. 1st, got a vin on that Friday, Feb. 4th. Truck was assembled on Feb. 18th and went to KZL status on Feb. 23rd. So in actuality, the truck was ready to be delivered in ~2 1/2 weeks. Of course it sat and sat in Mexico for the longest time. I didn't find out it was in New Jersey until the first week in April. And that's when the hold on the G56 came out. Once the hold was released on April 15th, the truck came up from NJ on Monday, April 18th. So it was exactly 11 weeks to the day. The dealer originally told me 10-13 weeks when I ordered it. But then he proceeded to tell me at that time that 4 had just been delivered and those took 4 months.

I'm definitely anxious for Saturday to get here. Hang in there. From the short time I drove the truck I can already say it was definitely worth the wait!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Hey "Fredbert" and "buickwagon", got some qestions for ya's. Buick wagon, gongrats on your new truck, I went to Bergen county Dodge and put money down and told the dealer to build my truck on April 14th. So he prob faxed everything over the next day. I guess from the dates you guys are talking about, Hopefully Ill get a call around the end of June . I have to go to the dealer this weekend and put some more money down, do you think that he might have Vin # by than, so maybe I can call my ins. company and get a quote for ins.? My dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks build time.

"fredbert", where about's are you in Jersey, I noticed it says near Ney York City. I live in Staten Island, I figured Id ask, cause your build time and delivery time, will prob. be the same amount as for me.

I'M REALLY HOPING TO GET A SURPRISE CALL IN ABOUT 8 WEEKS!!!

Anyway, goodluck to the both of you's, and enjoy your new toys!!