3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

If I could do it again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb If I could do it again!

When I buy another CTD there's two things it won't have next time. One: Factory Fog Lights. I have replaced my passenger side fog light twice sense new and I noticed it's broke again. At $70 buxs a pop it won't get replaced this time. Two: These leather/vinyl "like" seats are pure-D-crappola. When I bought it, the leather was an option, I wanted the premium cloth. They didn't have what I wanted in stock and "threw in the leather like option for free". I really thought I got a deal till I drove it a few weeks. It sure ain't fine Italian leather, in fact I don't think its leather at all. JMO.
I'm REALLY disapointed in my Leatherette seats.
Mike S.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:58 PM

My fog lights are fine. not sure why you are having problems.

My "Premium Cloth" aint much better. These seats are just plain lousy!

Leatherette
Old 06-19-2005, 04:20 PM

MY cloth seats Grab your cloths.
Spend a lot of time squirming in the seat to make the seats let go.
kinda like velcro
Old 06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DC only uses the real Leather in the A's & B's, meaning the patches that your butt is on and the Lumbar area. Common practice, just enough to give you the smell.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Well, If there is any leather it's certainly low quality compared to what I've seen elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:37 PM

I was thinking about this same thing the other day.. there are a few things I will do differently if I do this over again. One, Id get the auto, and it would be a dually. I love the current setup of my truck, but the 6 spd does get old after LOTS of stop and go traffic, and I want the dually for better hauling of my slide in camper.
Scott
Old 06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Chapter President

I thought they were synthetic leather...

Jamie
Old 06-20-2005, 09:32 AM

I'm in the same situation with the leather also, but I always get compliments on my seats from my buddies who also have Superduties. The only thing that I would change with my truck is the color. I have Deep Molten Red and I am really liking the silver and white sports everytime I see one, anyone wanna trade? Overall I am satisfied.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:42 AM

Count your blessings. I just thank God that I'm able to own a great truck.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:04 PM

I had leather in the F150 I traded in on my CTD and my wife had leather in her Mustang. Both of us now have cloth seats. We slid around too much on the leather and were always afraid of scratching or cutting them. All in all to us the cloth is more comfortable.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:12 AM

Originally posted by Maccandy
Count your blessings. I just thank God that I'm able to own a great truck.
Agreed 100% I love my truck and I love everytime I get in it to drive it. And Molten red rules

Scott
Old 06-21-2005, 02:23 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
As far as the fog lights go, after breaking one I replaced it with a cheaper aftermarket knock-off, and put on 3M Stoneguard...

Never had another problem.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Friends that have leather need butt wearmers for the winter as the seats are cold, and towels on the seats in the summer as they're too hot. I find my cloth seats to be very comfortable.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a 3500 (the reason I didn't was I didnt like the cab lights - but now they come in clear/smoked/etc) for the extra tow/load capacity STICKER on the side. Since I have a KORE suspension, the 2500 vs 3500 differences are only the sticker and DOT laws... I'd also get a sunroof, and lose the leather seats with heaters. The seats are totally ugly with the suede inserts (I had no idea they would be 2-tone, should have done more research in that area), and the seat heaters are really weak/slow. I wish I would have saved the money and put on katskin leather later. The seats do have a smell, although it's the fakey american leather smell - like my tahoe had. That smell seems to last a little while, although after college my tahoe smelled more like my rottweiler, beer, and other 'party supplies' than anything My MB smells actually like leather - same as my wallet, a woman's purse, or a fine leather jacket.. The smell seems to last year after year too. I agree with you Mikey on the leather. I haven't had any fog light issues.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here . . . I like the leather seats. They don't stain, are easy to clean/maintain and the Golden Retriever hair is easier to get off of them than my cloth seats were on the PSD. The only thing I might change is instead of getting my stock alloys chromed, I'd probably have purchased chromed H2 wheels and sold mine on Ebay. Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

Quick Reply: If I could do it again!