3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: In or out?
In
48.89%
Out
51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

General Grabber red lettering "in/out"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OUT! I know several guys that run these tires and I've never seen the letters discolor or crack or anything else.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ok, added the poll, put the current numbers up...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM

Thanks madhat!
My wife wants to vote now but she refuses to tell me what it is. Told her she'll have to join the forum. She's not very excited about that. She's a diesel girl but not a truck girl Ha!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

No worries, buddy! Tell her to register as 'I Crack Corn' or something like that... sorry, too early to come up with a good one...
Old 04-15-2011, 10:46 PM

Tires/wheels are on!!

Well they came in a week early!!! I made up my mind pulled the trigger and put red letters "out" Actually i asked all six shop guys and they unanimously yelled Red OUT! No one at the tire shop had seen these come thru the yet, I think they were more excited then I was. Any how here's a pic. Rainy and dark out so it's not a very good shot. I'll go find some dirt on a sunny day and take another.
Attached Thumbnails General Grabber red lettering "in/out"-tires.jpg  
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 PM

Couple more pics.

Still not great pics but it may be August before we see sunshine in the NorthWest.

So I took them for a test drive and Wow are they smooth riding. So much better then the BFG's I had. Drives better then it ever did even when new. There is some road noise on the highway but not much more then before. Barely noticeable and with the radio on I'll never hear them. The truck even soaks up bumps and expansion joints better. I am impressed. How ever I do have some rub. I need longer control arms and I'll have to trim the flares..Oh, well, at least they look good.
Attached Thumbnails General Grabber red lettering "in/out"-general2.jpg   General Grabber red lettering "in/out"-photo-4.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 AM

In!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put a set on last year when they first became available. Had them mounted with the red letters out. They looked great with a flame red truck, but now the letters are about four shades lighter than they were when I got the tires, and are getting dangerously close to pink. I'm going to have them re-mounted (and switched to the opposite sides of the truck so the direction of rotation is the same) with the letters on the inside. If I had any idea of how to post pics of my almost pink lettered tires I would, until I figure out how you'll have to take my word for it.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM

yep I believe you. I considered that, we only get about 4 months of warm sun and it's easy to find shade so it'll take a few years to fade. The tire shop told me the'll turn them back if I change my mind.
How do you like your tires otherwise?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Oh, yeah, they look sweet.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Other than the lettering issue, I love them. Slightly louder than the BFG's I replaced them with, but great off road, especially aired down at Glamis and Buttercup. FYI Madhat, my boy's reenlisting in a couple months, buying my truck and getting pcs'ed to Yuma,if you're still there I'll have him look you up so you can bust his chops about his pink letters!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
They look pink in the pic.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Where did you order them from? I've all but made up my mind on these being my next tires. Just looking for the best price.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM

My vote is in.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM

Hemi50,

I ordered them thru Discount Tire. I actually ordered the Nitto Trail Grappler but the size I wanted was indefinitely back ordered. They had no idea when the manufacture was going to ship any more in. So, I asked if they had heard of the General Grabber. They hadn't seen them before, but he found their stores down south had some in stock. The were about 20$ more apiece then the Nitto's but he gave them to me for the same price. Great place if you ask me .
As you can all see I changed my mind and went to all black out red in.... Just decided red out was not the look I was after. I like it much better now white on black. Like I've said earlier I'll get a better pic as soon as the weather clears for more then a few hours. I am hearing sun shine by this weekend....

Oh, and yes the dog seems to like my tire selection too....
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 AM

Hmmm...
Guess my pics didn't upload. Maybe there stuck in cyber space, I'll try again later.

Quick Reply: General Grabber red lettering "in/out"