Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Fog Light Replacement (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/fog-light-replacement-151109/)

AlCorr 05-15-2007 12:16 PM

Fog Light Replacement

One of my Fog Lights is broken, lens smashed, maybe got hit by a stone or what ever. I need a new fog light lens. Does anyone know where I can order one? I'm not looking for a set, unless thats the only way I can get one.

Rollin' Smoke 05-15-2007 01:27 PM

from what I have heard you cant get just the lense for the foglights. you actually have to buy the how unit and replace it like that

Mr Bee 05-15-2007 01:46 PM

I had the same thing happen, as have a great many others. I bought one at a dealer and paid a health sum. Shortly after that one of the gentleman here directed another to ebay. I checked and they are a dodge product just cheaper. There is a difference from left to right so make sure you are getting the correct one. As rollin smoke stated, one way to buy and that is a complete unit
Good Luck

donhov 05-15-2007 07:51 PM

The factory Dodge light from Dodge is $120 or so, only comes complete unit. The other option, the way I took, was to get one from E-Bay for $50 including shipping and after installing I can't remember which one was the replacement. Looks identical to teh original and less than 1/2 the price.

Just do a search for Dodge fog light on e-bay and as above be sure of which side.

Crankpot 05-15-2007 08:55 PM

$120!!! AAAYYEEEEE! NOT! I bought a whole kit including two lights, wiring harness and new headlight switch for $115 new. don't believe everything you read on this forum.

CP

neverenough 05-15-2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Crankpot (Post 1510018)
$120!!! AAAYYEEEEE! NOT! I bought a whole kit including two lights, wiring harness and new headlight switch for $115 new. don't believe everything you read on this forum.

CP

I dont think the $120 was for the autozone shelf light [laugh] . The dealer got me for $120+tax for my driver fog light. But i choose to keep my truck like it was when i left the lot with it and not put cheap parts in it......

AlCorr 05-16-2007 04:51 AM

When you say it comes complete unit, does that mean everything, wire, bulb, socket, just plug it in .

Mr Bee 05-16-2007 08:27 AM

Yes it does mean complete. Just plug and play.
and Crankpot the dealer does charge $120.00 for the factory unit. I have a receipt I would be happy to share with you.
AlCorr, you can believe most everything you read on this post board. It is populated by group who are more than willing to assist you should you have a problem/question. There are many knowlegable individuals who are an exceptoinal source of techinical information, and the ones I know or have met are all to a person stand up people.

AlCorr 05-16-2007 09:45 AM

Thanks, man, (I mean Mr Bee). and all, I'll check out e-bay.

Rollin' Smoke 05-16-2007 10:59 AM

about the post that say the rights are different from the lefts, that is not all true at least on the 03-04's........when I bought my truck (used) one of the foglight lenses was busted. my old man used to bust them all the time in his 04 2wd, I am guessing because its closer to the ground and gets alot of rocks hitting them. he was buying the whole wiring kit and lights at the dealer so he had one extra light. anyway, he gave me what he thought was a right foglight and i installed it and it just didnt look right. so i got to looking at the one i took out and noticed you can actually take the foglight off the mounting bracket and flip it over to make it work on one side or the other. so i pulled the new light out and did just that, worked and looked great. thought that might help a couple guys out in the future.

new2ctd 05-16-2007 11:11 AM

http://www2.partstrain.com/products/...2-SLT-015.html

Ask me how I know!

Rollin' Smoke 05-16-2007 02:35 PM

okay how do you know?

2003Ram 05-16-2007 04:35 PM

You can get the kit with two lights, brackets and wire harness from Dodgeparts.com for about $150.

new2ctd 05-16-2007 06:52 PM

Oh - I meant how I know about this site to buy them off of individually.
I don't have a dog in the left fits right deal. I purchased 1 by itself from this place.

Rollin' Smoke 05-16-2007 10:29 PM

cool.....sounds good