Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Dodge Paint? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/dodge-paint-55298/)

tschwab 12-01-2004 08:52 AM

Originally posted by falcondan9570
Black and Red will bring 2 or 3x the money than other colors.
That is total BS, 2 or 3x the money - NO WAY. I personally would avoid buying a red or black truck. If somebody paid 2-3x more for a red or black truck they are a fool.

The only time a color would bring down the price of a vehicle, is if you had a weird color, like some of those purple and lime colored cars.

There is NO add for black or red or deduct for white or silver, etc in NADA, Kelly or Edmunds.

TRAVIST 12-01-2004 01:17 PM

Hate to tell ya, those purple and lime classic dodges fetch a pretty good price. Mainly when restored like falcondan was talking about.

HaulinBut 01-02-2005 10:07 PM

Mine is the Graphite, and as much as I love this truck, I think the paint is the worst I have EVER seen. I baby this one, but it has many scratches in 10 monthes. Lean against it in a jean jacket and you have done damage!

DSLRammin 01-03-2005 04:45 AM

Key word here "Classic" Our trucks will not be a classic no matter what color you paint it. I'm with tschwab, the color will not determine what you get for resale, the condition of the paint will.

MikeyB 01-03-2005 09:16 AM

I have the Lt. Almond pearl and so far it's been very durable. After 20 months of ownership I got my first rock chip on the leading edge of the fender just above the headlight several weeks ago. Also dirt and scratches doesn't show up as well with this color vs. the darker colors. BTW, my '98 Chevy pickup was in this same color (Pewter) and loved it (the color, not the truck ;) ).

MikeyB

mightynorseman 01-04-2005 02:00 AM

Graphite metallic is a pretty good all-around color in my opinion, All I do is park it on the street and let mother-nature wash it. IT IS A TRUCK FOR GOODNESS SAKE. As far as the dings from people who need feelers to park at supply stores and such well they all add character.[eyecrazy]

JamesP 01-04-2005 08:11 AM

I wonder what the deal is with the extra $150 for the Graphite Metallic? Does the paint itself actually cost more?

I have to admit, it will be tough deciding between White, Silver, or Graphite for my new one....

natstayl 01-04-2005 09:16 AM

My, oops, I mean OUR truck is a year and a half old. Saltillo Mexico Garnet Red. (Discontinued closest thing now is Deep Molten Red) is so thin that last spring when I waxed it with Mequires liquid scratch remover to take out scratches caused when I swept snow off, that the vanilla primer can be seen thru. Also the front has some bug splatters that when I waxed off, the primer is visible. Not that I want the dealership to repaint it, I'm convinced it was sprayed thin to eliminate peeling and it's too thin to last 5 years. When the top and hood become pale I''ll have to bite the bullet and repaint the entire truck I suppose.

NJMurvin 01-04-2005 11:25 AM

I liked the light almond pearl, but it was not available in the sport package. So, I went for the silver and don't regret it for a minute. I only have 11k on the clock, but it has held up great so far.

mightynorseman 01-05-2005 02:54 AM

JamesP,
I did not pay any extra for graphite, sounds funny to me??:confused:

BADodge2003 01-05-2005 09:20 AM

Are these trucks or trailer queens? Don't get me wrong I like my truck to look nice, but never the less it is still a truck whos primary function is work. THe clear coat on mine is terrible, it has scratches and rub marks and nicks and dings from front to rear. Best advice I can give anyone is choose a color you like, pick it up from the dealer and head strait to the paint booth for several more layers of clear coat. I regret not doing it with mine in the first place. So now I will wait until things get really bad and take it in for a new coat of paint. Just my .02 worth

u061918 01-24-2005 04:58 PM

My son and I both have 04's in Patriot Blue. Both trucks show carwash scratches something terrible. I don't know what the answer is, but I think I'll present it to the dealership and see what they say.

tfarmer96 01-24-2005 09:49 PM

Mine is silver and doesn’t show dirt or scratches well. I figure if it gets real bad I will just have the whole thing linexed to match the bed. :D

O ya the paint code for the silver is PS2

swansong04 01-25-2005 12:20 AM

Originally posted by u061918
My son and I both have 04's in Patriot Blue. Both trucks show carwash scratches something terrible. I don't know what the answer is, but I think I'll present it to the dealership and see what they say.
i too have a patriot blue truck with the bright silver trim , i am soooo disappointed with the quality of the paint .. we had a 2 week stint of bad weather so there was a little salt on the road .. i wash my truck weekly because of that fact .. well i washed it yesterday and saw little rust rings forming on the paint !! *** !! truck is six months old , i never have had it off road , i hand wash it using separate mits for the tires/ paint two buckets of warm water , and the paint is like my 15 yr old 4 runner !!!! geesh !! :(