3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dash lights and running lights work intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash lights and running lights work intermittently

Hello all, I just purchased an 07 ram 2500 with the 5.9 178k on the odometer

I was driving home from work last night when the dash lights flickered and then after a few miles started blinking and then went out all together. The guage cluster lights the overhead console lights and the hvac lights. Just the illumination all else functioned. I also lost my running lights on the tail lights.

I would like to fix this today as it's a real problem to drive at night with no tail lights.

On a side note. The lights would come back on if I turned the headlights switch(dash mounted) off and back on but, after 10 seconds they'd start flashing and go black again.

I've read enough to start at the fuses and check the tail lights. But suspect it maybe the switch itself?

I will also add that the problem seems to be most prevalent while at highway speeds... Maybe a voltage issue with the alternator?

if anyone out there has had this issue and has a fix I'd greatly appreciate some insight.

Thanks!!