3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Center Console Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
jcg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Console Lights

I was on my way from Utah to Alaska this week and I hit one of the overhead console lights to hard I guess and I cannot get the light to shut off. I cant find anything in the owner manuel about getting the console off. Have any of you had to take it off before? I think there is just some sort of spring in there i knocked off. I dont like driving at night with the light on. Thanks guys.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you talking about the overhead dome lamp next to the overhead computer?

First of all sit in your truck and shut the door and do not start the truck. Turn the dash light dimmer wheel down or off(Next to Head Light Switch). Wait for the remaining interior lights to go out. Then press up on the lit lamp lens or housing. It should then go out.

If not, then get your self a flat head and Philip screw driver. Use the flat to pry the lens off the lamp for both lights. Then use the screw driver to remove the screws that hold your housing to your roof. Finally, remove the wire or wires that lead to the offending lamp. Tape end with black tape to prevent electrical short and reassemble with the wires disconnected. This is for the overhead console light only. Center dome should be just as easy to remove.

Shawn