3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

ANOTHER Infinity Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANOTHER Infinity Stereo Question

I've been going through the forums for over an hour looking into all of the issues with the Infinity stereo systems and I still couldn't find my issue.
My unit has no sound at all. Everything on stereo comes on and changes stations, inputs, CD changer, volume shows going up and down, but still no sound at all not even a hiss from any speaker.
The fuse under the hood for the stereo and amp test good. Is there an inline fuse between the stereo and the amp? It seems like it is usually the stereo head unit that goes bad and not the amp, is this the case?
Thanks for any help at all. Camping trips with 4 daughters and a wife can seem hours longer without a stereo!

Jeff
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a similar issue years ago with mine. All I did was unplugged and replugged the Amp connector several time to wipe the connector pins. Worked fine ever since. The Amp connector is kind of a PITA to reach but it's doable.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the same issue a while back and the amp was toast. I installed a new (aftermarket) amp and all was good. (Even better!)
Old 05-18-2016, 11:42 PM

MikeyB and soulezoo thanks for the replies!
Is there a simple way to find out if it's the stereo head unit or the amp that is fried? I would hate to get another head unit and find out it was the amp.
Thanks again to all!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:50 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am 99% certain your issue is the amp.

Just take it to your local car stereo guy and they can confirm before you buy anything.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 PM

Infinity sound system

Y'all probably get tired of reading about problems with people replacing the radio and getting no sound due to the infinity sound system.. but.. here's my question.
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500, with the infinity sound system. I replaced the radio with a Sony. I have interfaces.. wiring harnesses.. anyways If I turn my key on real slow and wait for the computer to realize my radio is on the sound woks great. If I use my remote start, the sound works. But if I'm in a hurry or someone unfamiliar with the situation gets in and turns the key to fast I have no sound. The only way to get sound is to turn the truck off and wait a few seconds and try again. Sometimes it works as soon as I switch the ignition off, other times it won't work at all. I've been doing some reading and research. Anyone know what color the wire is that powers the infinity pre amp? I was thinking I could wire the amp to turn on when the radio comes on.