3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Accident this Morning- Poor, Poor FORD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=nibroc;2376283]here in kentucky one has to produce insurance BEFORE ya can register a vechile--most states should be the same--glad ya didn't get hurt!!![/QUOTE

you have to do the same here, but alot of drivers just cancel their insurance after getting their registration.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=2006Mega;2377287]
Originally Posted by nibroc
here in kentucky one has to produce insurance BEFORE ya can register a vechile--most states should be the same--glad ya didn't get hurt!!![/QUOTE

you have to do the same here, but alot of drivers just cancel their insurance after getting their registration.
We have to do the same here, PLUS you get ticketed if you don't have insurance and you get pulled over.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:46 PM

Just got a copy of the CHP report today on my lunch hour. Wow, the guy that hit me in is deep doo-doo. He was driving a 2007 F-150, cited for no insurance, expired tags and un-safe speed for conditions.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yup. He's in trouble!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Chapter President

Your truck get fixed?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 AM

Take that tailgate off right away. There is Ferd paint on it.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by haloman
Your truck get fixed?

Should be in paint today. off to Linux for the bed, tailgate and my new Fab Fours rear bumper...

latest pics from the shop
Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 AM

sorry to hear about your accident.. glad to hear your ok.. check my profile im suprized that you go so little damage. theres a couple photos in my profile from when i got smacked from behind by a ford escape. then pushed into a buddy i was following while sitting at a red light. speed limit was 50 who knows what he was doing..
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear about your truck.
Did the bed hit the rear of the cab on the driver’s side? Make sure you check the gap on your doors and make sure the rear window does not leak afterwards.

I would have the frame checked before they sign it off, it is easier that you think to tweak a frame especially since you were hit off center even if it only by a few millimeters.

Geez probably 75% of the people around Southern California have no insurance and then there is the question of if they even have a license add in some alcohol and you just described every accident I have had in my trucks.

We are 30 miles East of Los Angeles and about 2 hours North of the California/Mexico border.

I have a heavy-duty bumper on my truck with a Class IV receiver with a pintle hitch out the rear and I was rear ended by a Nissan and then a Toyota on the I10 freeway, I was stopped and he hit me at 50 MPH, I totaled both trucks and it only bent my bumper and pushed my frame 5mm which was easly pulled back into place.

That is a big body shop.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:09 AM

Glad to hear its working out. Similar thing happened with my wife. She was stopped in traffic on the freeway and a lady in a Honda Accord didn't see her stopped and plowed into my wife going 70mph. Sadly our dodge was totaled frame damage. The Accord had the whole front end peeled back off its frame up to the windshield. The lady walked away from the accident. Got a ride home from the tow truck driver.

Doesn't surprise me that his tags are expired. Cali is all digitized. The DMV knows if you are not driving with out insurance. As soon as you stop paying the insurance company sends a notice to the DMV and then they will send you one letting you know your tags are expired.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Hey, sorry to hear about your truck.
Did the bed hit the rear of the cab on the driver’s side? Make sure you check the gap on your doors and make sure the rear window does not leak afterwards.
The back of the cab did need repair. They actually pulled the rear glass to repair that area. Hopefully no leaks...
I would have the frame checked before they sign it off, it is easier that you think to tweak a frame especially since you were hit off center even if it only by a few millimeters..
As for the frame, that was one of the first things they did, it was out of spec by 1mm, so they pulled it back into place.
That is a big body shop.
According to my service advisor, it is one of the largest in the U.S. I saw 4 paint booths. 2 frame straightners, and 2 lifts for mechanical work...
Originally Posted by ram4tow
sorry to hear about your accident.. glad to hear your ok.. check my profile im suprized that you go so little damage. theres a couple photos in my profile from when i got smacked from behind by a ford escape. then pushed into a buddy i was following while sitting at a red light. speed limit was 50 who knows what he was doing..
Those crumple zones can be your friend, They absorb all that energy that would otherwise be transfered to you...

Now the good news! The truck will be ready at 8AM tomorrow morning! Pics to follow...
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is insane that so many people are running without insurance. Up here, when you get your plates renewed (once a year) you get insurance with the plates. They are one and the same and cannot be separated.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Travis_
Doesn't surprise me that his tags are expired. Cali is all digitized. The DMV knows if you are not driving with out insurance. As soon as you stop paying the insurance company sends a notice to the DMV and then they will send you one letting you know your tags are expired.
I picked up a 85 toyota 4x4 for my son. Its all stripped down for paint so I never bothered to call the insurance company about the truck since we're not driving it. I just got a notice from the DMV that they've canceled the registration due to lack of insurance and it'll cost $14 to reinstate it. OK, fine.

So I guess that if you drive a vehicle w/o insurance in CA, then you're probably driving one without valid registration as well.

Good news on your truck. Enjoy it again.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM

That 85 toyota is a good truck. I have one as well over 240K on it.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:29 PM

I don't understand why we look at the front end all smashed up and say it is a weak truck. the front end of the Ford's are MADE to crumple up to protect the driver. The call it the crumple zone. It absorbs a LOT of the impact thereby protecting the driver.

Quick Reply: Accident this Morning- Poor, Poor FORD