3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deletes/Canada boarder crossing

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 AM
I can sleep now, my Smarty is safe.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deletes/Canada boarder crossing

This has probably been asked before but I have found no information.

I have a freind that is planning an extended trip into Canada this summer. He has asked me if there will be any problem crossing one way or the other with a full delete on his 09 CTD. I unfortunately never get the opportunity to travel that far so I can't answer his question. Can anyone help me with real world experience?

Thanks
Jim
Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 AM

I have not crossed the border yet with my Dodge since it was just deleted a few weeks ago. 4 years ago I was crossing from the US into Canada and back with horses several times a year.

At that time I had a heavily modified F450 with a 4" stack, no muffler, etc.

Never was that a problem. They never looked at the truck at all. Had other issues crossing but never the truck.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:23 PM

I would be more concerned if it was a commercial vehicle than a personal one at the boarder------they tend to leave you alone on the personal side .The DOT Scales i run though 5 times a week may cause more of a concern,depending on the extent of the inspection and the mood of the officer.Play nice and be respectful=less problem(S),be a A$$= very long/expensive day.I have heard of guys being nailed for deletes at some scales but not recently.I rolled though a surprise spot check last week with my 2012 Isuzu Cab-over 3 ton---nothing to report as this truck is clean/well maintained/up to date.They did have 1/2 dozen trucks being towed for some sort of violation plus flatdeck/cargo trailer being hauled away by the towing company., D.O.T will ramp up the roadside/surprise complete inspections more towards spring.DW
Old 09-30-2015, 11:53 PM

no problem, just don't blacklung the man in the booth The full delete 2012 w/H&S has never had a problem.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not much or any smog police that I have ever seen in Western Canada, I cross the border fairly often and have never been asked on either side about my truck.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Customs is not interested in your smog illegal truck, what they might do is report it to the RCMP if you make excessive noise (stunting) (noise abatement) or annoying black smoke they unnecessarily are breathing in and making them gag. What will peak their interests are modifications that might be smuggling related combined with flaky stories of entry and inconsistent descriptions of your destinations. That being said use your head, don't lie about your intentions, don't be evasive, be respectful and polite. The more idiots that put on public displays of coal rolling and jabbing the throttle so everyone can be annoyed by the sound the closer we get to annual inspections like California.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:47 PM

I do it with a fully deleted truck all the time. No issues at all.