3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Delete ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started on the delete, finally got the exhaust off, I unhooked the hardlines (look like fuel lines) from the rubber hose, located towards the front of truck, what do you do with the rubber hose's, hook them together, or tape the up so nothing can get in? Another thing, on the EGR, do you take out just the spring, or spring and plunger out, and reinstall the EGR to its original place, with the 4 screws?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I pulled the rubber hoses from the pressure sensor and just left it as is, have not had any trouble.

Name:  33d82e41.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  110.4 KB

Remove both the spring and plunger and replace the servo motor, secure it with the original 4 screws.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
I pulled the rubber hoses from the pressure sensor and just left it as is, have not had any trouble.

Remove both the spring and plunger and replace the servo motor, secure it with the original 4 screws.
OK thanks, I just have to have my brother come and hold the downpipe, so I can get the clamp on, I have unhooked the throttle valve, the cooler, an took the plunger/spring out. wonder if I should put the freeze plug in, or not? That about does it, can you guys think of anything I left out? thanks

One more question, when I get to program this, I use this rig to pull my 5er, about 85% of the time, what would be a good starting point for the programmer, I have the JR, like SW2 etc. also, when not towing do I have to program it to a diff setting, when empty, or just leave it, how I have it set up for towing?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 PM

I'm jealous, Just need to run off another 1000 miles to get out of warranty. You GO SABER GO.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by sabercat
OK thanks, I just have to have my brother come and hold the downpipe, so I can get the clamp on, I have unhooked the throttle valve, the cooler, an took the plunger/spring out. wonder if I should put the freeze plug in, or not? That about does it, can you guys think of anything I left out? thanks

One more question, when I get to program this, I use this rig to pull my 5er, about 85% of the time, what would be a good starting point for the programmer, I have the JR, like SW2 etc. also, when not towing do I have to program it to a diff setting, when empty, or just leave it, how I have it set up for towing?
Dont think you need the plug, but you may want to put it in for the piece of mind factor. Sounds like you got everything pegged.

I would start with SW2, see how the drivetrain likes it and then adjust accordingly for power output/mpg.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Agree with Blake, you don't NEED the plug. It is just insurance. Also agree to start with your #2 setting. You may want to start with stock and the deletes just to see for a bit and then move to #2. Should be good for towing and you don't need to change when not towing.

Way to go Sabercat. Its the best thing you can do for you and your truck. It will only make your relationship together stronger and long lasting .
Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
Agree with Blake, you don't NEED the plug. It is just insurance. Also agree to start with your #2 setting. You may want to start with stock and the deletes just to see for a bit and then move to #2. Should be good for towing and you don't need to change when not towing.

Way to go Sabercat. Its the best thing you can do for you and your truck. It will only make your relationship together stronger and long lasting .
Thats good to hear, LOL Should have it done today, have a appointment eary this AM, find one of those freeze plugs. I can see where some of the mpg increase comes from, weight savings!!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the deletes. Yes, that dpf and nox filter is heavy. I screamed like a little girl when I dropped it on my chest under the truck. I ran it on the stock tune for a couple of weeks, then loaded the fuel economy and towing tune. Personally, I think the towing tune is a little too aggressive for towing anything heavy. I'm not concerned about the motor, but am concerned about the tranny on that one. I towed on the stock tune and it worked really well. Need to try the fuel economy tune when towing if things ever slow down enough.

The truck is sure happy now and I just did an oil change and the oil is staying clean. VERY weird as usually its black just pouring it into the motor.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by klx650a2
Congrats on the deletes. Yes, that dpf and nox filter is heavy. I screamed like a little girl when I dropped it on my chest under the truck. I ran it on the stock tune for a couple of weeks, then loaded the fuel economy and towing tune. Personally, I think the towing tune is a little too aggressive for towing anything heavy. I'm not concerned about the motor, but am concerned about the tranny on that one. I towed on the stock tune and it worked really well. Need to try the fuel economy tune when towing if things ever slow down enough.

The truck is sure happy now and I just did an oil change and the oil is staying clean. VERY weird as usually its black just pouring it into the motor.
I would think stock tune would be a pretty good imprvement over the DPF setup, I don't want to go too excesive, I will do stock for a bit, then maybe the next setup, think its 40hp on my jr, I have alot of warranty left.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
"California Style"

Originally Posted by klx650a2

I can't wait to do my next (2nd) oil change, but I only have 8K miles . Looking forward to less black oil.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
I can't wait to do my next (2nd) oil change, but I only have 8K miles . Looking forward to less black oil.
It still amazes me that you have an 07 with only 8k on it...

I just flipped 56000 on my 08. But shes rode long a hard 7 days a week for work....

And she earns me 50 cents a mile to boot (actual currency, not the crappy rapper).

Deletes done at 17000 miles, almost a solid 40000 trouble free deleted miles.....
Old 06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
"California Style"

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
It still amazes me that you have an 07 with only 8k on it...

I just flipped 56000 on my 08. But shes rode long a hard 7 days a week for work....

And she earns me 50 cents a mile to boot (actual currency, not the crappy rapper).

Deletes done at 17000 miles, almost a solid 40000 trouble free deleted miles.....
Me 2 . I am lucky enough to have it for a toy and weekend warrior towing machine. I bought it in August 07 so this August my 3 year B2B warantee will be up . Haven't even used it except for 1 CEL early on for the emisions which are now repaired correctly.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 PM

well got it programmed, stock setting, that in itself is a big improvement, not really much loader, my overhead was showing some pretty good #'s, went up the freeway about 6 miles, then thru town, pulled in drive, right around 24mpg. Only thing before the delete, I always run with the EB on, cruising thru town with it on, at about 35, when I let off the pedal, there would be a whisling/hissing sound from the ehaust brake for about 8-10 seconds, normal?? Should I just use the brake when I tow now?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 PM

The whistle is normal, your just hearing it now.....
Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 PM

I think I may change the oil tomorrow also, its like a new truck now

Quick Reply: Delete ordered