3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Ultra scarry larry

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acook
so where can you get it?

Give HTS a call.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 AM

i know your haveing great luck but i really would drop the mp8 and tst until you get some programming with timing delete in it...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 PM

king d...... im running the scarry larry with the 03 torque dog on my 05. I also dont have a modded CP3 either, but i like the stack very well. ,maybe it has to do with the cp3. hopefully you'll get it worked out and put down some monsterous times at the track. the real scarry larry or ultra scarry larry you can only get from two or three dealers. two of them are in michigan and one is HTS
Old 09-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e mails have been sent lol
Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by king d
i know your haveing great luck but i really would drop the mp8 and tst until you get some programming with timing delete in it...
Thanks for the advice but I won't take the tst off of the truck... I know its running INSANE amounts of timing with the 2 stacked but everything sounds good. It's running pretty good. I only run the mp-8 at the track.

I haven't tried the Smarty yet but so far I wouldn't give the CL up for anything. In the next few weeks I will do some comparing. I have seen some guys getting big gains with the Smarty, maybe I will too.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Luken, I hate to say it but King D is right....we are all members of the popped head gasket club....Sounds great... runs like a monster....cylinder pressures are way above what shows up when the exhaust valves open and you measure boost at the manifold. First it will be the head gasket and next the pistons and cylinder wall. There is an ideal amount of timing and cylinder pressure to make the big power. This electronic timing takes you way into the danger zone....it is really fake power in my mind because you are getting the power from damaging the engine...its like taking drugs to improve sports performance at the Olympics. If the engine was properly balanced with fuel and air using big pumps, big cool volume flowing turbos, good valve control and efficient injectors we would be making 800hp at 60psi with the head firmly planted. I'm not balanced yet and I may never be....but I'm getting closer very soon. ks
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Mav

What would it take to run it with no tq managment on crazy larry? Would a 91 converter racing valve body and billet input do it?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:16 PM

Mid 12's

Mid 12's apparently are accessible by other means than TST/SLDL. RamWheelsBy4 did a 12.4 yesterday!! He is using the new TST adj timing and 3 power choices program stacked with SMARTY. Timing is under control and making huge power.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Mid 12's apparently are accessible by other means than TST/SLDL. RamWheelsBy4 did a 12.4 yesterday!! He is using the new TST adj timing and 3 power choices program stacked with SMARTY. Timing is under control and making huge power.
I did run a 12.47@106.09 last night with the Smarty SW 8, EZ Level 3 and TST R49 w/twins on 2/0. It was a perfect launch and run and I may never be able to do it again. But it did show me what this engine with the Smarty can do. Nothing I tried before even came close. Latest BDTD w/CL, Low End Power and Torque Management Disable was good, but did not get there. But I do not yet have the TST upgraded to the timing control function. It is off and will be mailed in the morning for upgrade. The Smarty SW 8(170hp NO Timing), EZ Leve 3, the TST on 2/0 was just adding timing at that level whatever it is. There is a little rattle on that stack, but not as bad as some I have tried.

I am sold on the Smarty for now. I don't care how much it smokes. I may not even load it unless I am at the track, but it is my downloader of choice for now.

BTW, ran a 12.77@104 also with that stack. Then I went brain dead trying to build boost for launch and the best I could do before they closed was 13.00@105 with the EZ on level 2 instead of 3.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Banned

great to hear about your 12.47 John!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Mav

how big of a difference is there with no tq managment on the stock setting or tow? Also Ive heard that tq managment is only after 1st gear? THANKS
Old 09-05-2006, 05:22 AM

TST,SMARTY,EZ Stack

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
I did run a 12.47@106.09 last night with the Smarty SW 8, EZ Level 3 and TST R49 w/twins on 2/0. It was a perfect launch and run and I may never be able to do it again. But it did show me what this engine with the Smarty can do. Nothing I tried before even came close. Latest BDTD w/CL, Low End Power and Torque Management Disable was good, but did not get there. But I do not yet have the TST upgraded to the timing control function. It is off and will be mailed in the morning for upgrade. The Smarty SW 8(170hp NO Timing), EZ Leve 3, the TST on 2/0 was just adding timing at that level whatever it is. There is a little rattle on that stack, but not as bad as some I have tried.

I am sold on the Smarty for now. I don't care how much it smokes. I may not even load it unless I am at the track, but it is my downloader of choice for now.

BTW, ran a 12.77@104 also with that stack. Then I went brain dead trying to build boost for launch and the best I could do before they closed was 13.00@105 with the EZ on level 2 instead of 3.
Oooooops! I almost had it right John!! Sorry 'bout that. Oh well,... the net affect was almost the same by you using SW8 (no timing lvl). My point is you weren't out of control on the timing and made huge power. I have run the SMARTY on lvl 7, my TST on 8 and my EZ on 3 with NO pop or inj rattle. I attribute that to the adj timing feature. I'll try the SMARTY on lvl 9 later this next week. I have run my TST on lvl's 3-7 for a long time and on each lvl change in single digit incremental changes it sure didn't feel like when I bumped it from lvl 7 to 8!! It was a major kick in the a..! Sweet. That was a beautiful run with great power. Congrats!

Last edited by OT-OF-Here; 09-05-2006 at 05:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 AM

Having a hard time convincing some, I still have a hard time believing it myself. .

But I was in the truck and know it was night and day different between 13.0s and even the 12.7s runs. The people that were there and saw it did believe it and besides I have the slip. So hopefully I will get the TST timing option on, learn how to launch consistently and maybe find that door to the twilight zone again someday .
Old 09-05-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
it is really fake power in my mind because you are getting the power from damaging the engine...its like taking drugs to improve sports performance at the Olympics. If the engine was properly balanced with fuel and air using big pumps, big cool volume flowing turbos, good valve control and efficient injectors we would be making 800hp at 60psi with the head firmly planted. I'm not balanced yet and I may never be....but I'm getting closer very soon. ks
Your right... my truck is making fake power Fake or not it works.

Great numbers John! Hopefully I can see numbers like that with the Smarty.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Hey Luken we're in the same boat...my truck now and yours a couple of weeks ago weren't too fast with the head on the bench...Real power is keeping the cylinder pressures down to levels where your not damaging pistons and cylinders and heads and blocks. I think your truck is running awesome but I've got 140k miles on my truck and I know I'll get another 140k out of it. I've also got one brand new '05 motor and a 5k mile '05 motor sitting in storage so I'm prepared. Maybe fake and real aren't the correct words...how about reliable and crazy. I'm looking for big reliable power....I'm not gonna haul a truck to Ohio or Indianna for a 1 second race or pull then drag it back home broke week after week. At my own track 45 miles away....I play hard so that when I travel I'll be reliable and I'm not there yet. ks

Quick Reply: Ultra scarry larry