3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Try again, Code questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Try again, Code questions

Asked this last weekend but only 1 reply and no answers so far, any thoughts please?

Removed my Quad ZXT box for a short while and after removing it I am now getting 2 codes, P0148 & P0191, so far havent't been able to find out what they are, also still have the Quad harness with the jumper installed.

Note: Removed harness and still no clearing of codes from driving & starting. Someone said 5 good starts would clear codes.

Never got a code with the quad installed, after taking it out last week now have codes.

1st question, what are these codes?
Found P0148 fuel delivery error still can't find P0191
2nd question, any way to remove the codes short of going to the dealer or Autozone.

Are these codes that will rectify themselves after a few good starts or ?
So far will not clear from starting etc.

Thanks...Don
Old 09-27-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have the P0191 code either but the P0192 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Low and the P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High codes I do have. So I am thinking maybe the P0191 might be related.
I was getting a P0107 code because I started the truck without the Air Metering sensor connected. I knew what it was right away, but the code didn't go away until after 30 - 40 good engine starts. So your code may go away but it seems to take forever.
I have heard that they go away after engine cool down starts. I assume just starting engine, shutting off, starting again 50 times wouldn't not work. Seems like it must cool down in between those starts.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the information. So far this was the only answer. Have driven for 2 days, with some stop & go and the codes are still there. Have a local garage that I am going to have remove codes and see if they reappear. If so guess it's time for a trip to the dealer.

Thanks.

Don
Old 09-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Code P0191 = GENERIC Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Check to see if the Fuel Pressure connector is in all the way or has gotten damp or dirty inside.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Problem codes

After removing your box, the box manufacturer should should follow through enough to help get your truck trouble codes cleared enough to be able to go back to dodge to get help if the box was not the problem. I've been beta testing proudcts for Edge for quite a while, and if you call their tech dept. I'm sure they would help with info on your mystery codes. Belive me the guys at Edge are awsome with bail out help when needed
EDGE Products in Uath (801)476-3343

2004 SRW 3500 ,Rear locker 4;10s ATS auto trans,ats triple lock converter,mag hi-tech double deep pan,mag hi-tech rear diff.cover kore rear spring packs,rear air bags,onboard compressior,edge hot juice with attitude;banks high ram intake, banks hiflo innercoller;afe air filter and box,Diesel dynamics stage III injectors,exhaust brake,banks stainless monster exhaust,fab tech front control arms fox 2.5 remote resaveore hi flow shocks in front and 2.5 piggy back bypass shocks on rear.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:04 AM

If your check engine light is not on anymore, I believe the codes will disappear after 50 engine starts.
Skinner
Old 09-28-2005, 07:05 PM

Need to make clear that Quad is not the problem...Check engine lite never came on, Just found the codes recently. After installing the Quad box I carefully monitored it to see if it ever threw any codes. It did not ever throw any codes. Quit checking after I removed box, now have codes. The check engine light did not come on, just saw codes by using the 3 off/on cycles with the key method, otherwise I would not have ever seen the codes. That was the reason for the question. Friends husband works for a Chrysler dealer in Vancover BC and I am in Michigan so finally asked him. He had no idea about the reason for the codes but did tell me that it would take "About" 256 good starts to clear codes and even then "They may remain" somewhere. Guess I will keep on checking. Just re-installed the Quad box, boy did I miss it. Glad it's back.

Thanks for the replies...Don