3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

tripple dog power how????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tripple dog power how????

does any one honestly know how these down loaders make their power, obviously they can change duration, timing, etc, but my biggest question is that how much do you think they slam the rail pressures on the 3 settings, i have crazy larry also, i tried to ask them personally but they would not tell me numbers or any thing, {im a tech for dodge} so i knew what i was talking about so i think they didnt want to get into anything??????????
Old 05-31-2006, 12:48 AM

I think the Outlook monitor that you can order with the Triple Dog measures rail pressure.

The techs at Bully Dog are mostly trainees with probably one guy who knows whats going on, orchestrating the whole call center.

Not bashing them, it's just difficult to get that one guy since he's helping 20 others at the same time.

...............Jim
Old 05-31-2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by lightening ram
does any one honestly know how these down loaders make their power, obviously they can change duration, timing, etc, but my biggest question is that how much do you think they slam the rail pressures on the 3 settings, i have crazy larry also, i tried to ask them personally but they would not tell me numbers or any thing, {im a tech for dodge} so i knew what i was talking about so i think they didnt want to get into anything??????????
iM ALSO A MASTER TECH FOR DODGE. i HAVE TRIPLE DOG AND EDGE EZ.
GET TO KNOW THE STARSCAN. YOULL BE ABLE TO SEE LINE PRESSURES INCREASE AND DECREASE WITH ADJUSTMENT BASED ON MAP.

MY TRIPPLE DOG DOESNT CHANGE LINE PRESSURE IN MY 03 HPCR. THE EDGE, HOWEVER, INCREASES IT DRASTICLY.
AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THE BD IS FOOLING WITH CLOSURE TIME, AND PUMP TIMING.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:05 PM

So 2500 and lightning, I'm asking ya'll cause ya'll are Dodge Techs so you must know what's going on. I'm new to the Hot Rod Diesels (at least on cummins) and i'm tyring to decide on a programmer/downloader/whatever.

I think the Edge A2 is really cool with all it's features but what do ya'll recommond for the most bang for the buck and will not void my warranty out right.

As far as what i want, all my buddies have PSD new and olders ones, i want to make sure my truck stays ahead of the pack. So ocasional racing is not out of the question, including hooking bumpers.

thanks for ya'lls help in advance.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 PM

i had the edge hot juice in my last 04.5 truck and it treated me well the power was as advertised and it worked good, the only thing i didnt like was the little extra time it took to take it out of your truck if need be, and the pyro cable thats not attached to anything gets dodge techs searching for more, this is why i went to the tripple dog it so far is working well and clears its own coded when ever you want