3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

? for those who installed Isspro Gages

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? for those who installed Isspro Gages

Hi Guys,
I'm getting ready to install my Isspro gages. I'm doing the windshield 3 pod gage holder. Do you guys have any tips ? Where and how did you mount the tranny sensor ? I thought I read some where that you can pull out a plug on the passengers side of the tranny pan and use a reducer fitting to install the probe but I can't find it. Is this true ? Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 09:05 PM

I asked the same question a day or so ago.Here is a great link they gave me on the hookup.There is a plug on the trans you can use.http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/gauges
Old 04-26-2005, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the tip!! I am at installing my guages and that's the only one left to do. I thought I was going to have to pull the pan
Old 04-26-2005, 11:57 PM

You should either replace the output line to the tranny cooler with the fitting built in for the temp sensor, or replace or tap the pan for the sensor to mount in the pan. The fittings on the side of the transmission are test ports. There isn't a fitting over there that has fluid in it in all the gears. Some have it in reverse only, one is second gear, etc. It is easy to put the sensor in there and see the gauge move, but really you only measure the temperature of the fluid when you are in the appropriate gear for the test port. The rest of the time you are only reading the temperature of the case around the sensor.

It may be easier in the short run to put that sensor in one of the test ports, but it is NOT cheaper. The damage you may cause by putting the sensor inside the wrong port will be more costly than the mass diesel hose or a tranny pan with the NPT fitting installed already.

Ask me I know......
Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM

I and a friend installed gauges this last week. The easiest part was drilling and tapping. I put the boost gauge in the SRT-10 pillar and pyro and trans temp in the pod above the mirror. Had to splice wires to make everything long enough to fit. We took our time, heat shrinked all soldered joints and made a tidy job of it. Guess I don't really have any tips except to be thorough and take your time!
Good luck!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 AM

The center test port (like the one in the above link) will be accurate in all forward gears. Only reverse is not read there, which doesn't bother me too much.

I have heard of lots of irregular readings with the cooloer hose and the Isspro trans sensor. Seems the shape of it does not allow full saturation of oil.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 PM

I tried like heck to use that test port that's in the photo, but for some reason, my sensor wouldn't thread on to it. Tried tapping it further, but no luck. I'll be interested in your results.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Radman
I tried like heck to use that test port that's in the photo, but for some reason, my sensor wouldn't thread on to it. Tried tapping it further, but no luck. I'll be interested in your results.
READ what it says.
You need to go to Lowes or Home Depot for an adapter.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:57 PM

I don't know about your truck, but my temperature with the sensor in the mag hytech pan normally runs below 150......unless I'm backing or the truck is at an idle in park. I would rethink the idea that you only need to check the temp in the forward gears..

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-27-2005, 10:10 PM

When I only back 20-30 feet with my travel trailer to unhitch it, the point seems mute.
Unless you backup more than that?