3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Recon cab lights MIA

Old 05-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recon cab lights MIA

Hey fellas, looking for a little advise and/or help here. I ordered some cab lights from Recon, got an e-mail confirming my order, and then one to say they were shipped on the 28 of March. I still haven't seen them, the 24/7 customer service number is "not available in your area", and my outlook messages for some reason will not connect. SOOOO, no way to contact them, and my visa has already been charged, and no lights. Any ideas???
Old 05-10-2006, 08:55 PM

I also ordered a set of cab lights from them, and they just arrived. I called RECON and they said the cab lights were on backorder. Well, I must say the cab lights are great looking. You can call the local number for Recon at 954 931 1912. I hope this helps
Old 05-11-2006, 05:19 PM

They are really slow at shipping their customer service stinks IMO!

They lied to me about the shipping and arrival date, they showed up about a week later and were poorly packaged, I was surprised they wer not dmaged,

the box was to small and they were bulging out the side.

I will nnever order anyting from them again.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Knuckle Head

They lied to me about the shipping and arrival date, they showed up about a week later and were poorly packaged, I was surprised they wer not dmaged,

definately wont be ordering from them
Old 05-11-2006, 05:23 PM

I was able to leave a message at the number provided by RAMFREAK26 (thanks!!!), now we'll see if they call back, if not, I'm calling VISA to try to cancel the charges.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Knuckle Head

Hmm i have had good experience from them. I had one of the original sets which resulted in chipping silver paint. Sent them an email with enclosed pic and they took my info in a return email and sent me out a new set (in a bigenough box as well). didnt even take the old set back when I asked. So now ill have a couple of spares if I ever crack one in those ever lowering parking garages...

kinda proves the addage cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time. (not that you dont have a right to complain either mind you)
Old 05-11-2006, 05:56 PM

[...

kinda proves the addage cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time. (not that you dont have a right to complain either mind you)[/QUOTE]

I am not hard to please but when I spend two hundred bucks at your store I expect a little respect if you want my business again, word of mouth goes far. The Fed-EX box had both lights in the same box and as stated earlier was to small so the side was bulging out, if something have would of been placed or dropped on the box the cablights would of been cracked/smashed. They should of taken a little more time to package them properly. Luckily they were not damaged but I was not happy at all when I saw the box, I knew before I even opened it what they had done. I wasn't going to mention anything about it here, until I saw the post.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:18 PM

Just got a call from Recon regarding my order. It was shipped yesterday via UPS and I should see it tomorrow or Monday. Here's the scoop on the delay: the computer system is automatically set up to e-mail customers to inform them their orders have been shipped (next day 99% of the time). Unfortunately in this case, there was a long backorder for the lights, making the shipping notice incorrect. They also asked if I belonged to any diesel truck forums, as they had heard that some Canadian customers had said the contact number was not working (50 states only). BTW they appreciate the sales they get from our site users. Overall I was very pleased with the service now that I found a way to contact them, thanks again to RAMFREAK26 for providing the number, I won't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

I've had great luck dealing with them. Their lights are on backorder cause they just went to sealed LED's and they quit making the normal lights. When I told them that I had problems with mine sealing and the chrome peeling off the base they said no problem and shipped me out new one's yest.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:14 PM

I'm doing my happy dance right now, came home and UPS had left me a present, my cab lights, packaged fine...........gotta go, I have a date with my truck.................
Old 05-15-2006, 10:03 PM

i ordered mine and got one light with different mounting holes than the rest. no big deal, installed anyhow cause i was already into the drilling when i noticed. recon said " well actually the one odd one you got is the bettwe design. be happy." i told em i wasnt too happy. their fix was to offer half off of an led taillight. not a bad deal i guess, just wasnt very impressed with the mismatched set of lights and the offer to make it right. maybe im outta line tho. i must say, i really like em and they have not leaked yet.