3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question on Mods and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on Mods and Warranty

I am new to the DTR and enjoy reading the posts when I can, I see lots of comments on upgrade options, my truck is new less that 5 K miles on her.
What problems could I run into with the warranty if I add some of these great after market performace products. Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOJAVE RIDER
What problems could I run into with the warranty if I add some of these great after market performace products. Thanks
You could very possibly loose your warranty. While some dealers are somewhat open to mods but most arent. Most dealers are more than anxious to void warrantys. There are dealers that have voided warrantys for installing a fuel pressure guage - then there are some that actually sell the fuel boxes (the dealer in my town does). I would suggest sitting down and having a chat with your service manager and see what his feelings are. If you are modded and you take your truck in for warranty work - they WILL know, all they have to do is scan it and then they gotcha.