3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New toys arrive Fri but have two prep questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb New toys arrive Fri but have two prep questions

I’ve ordered a Phat Shaft, ATS Manifold and FASS for my 04. According to UPS they should arrive Friday so I’m trying to do a little planning for a Sat morning FASS install. I’ve read through the FASS instructions on their website but because of the angle of some of the pictures and without having the parts on hand I have two questions.

At one point in the installation is one end of the (included) blue fuel line connected to the tank suction port & the other end connected to the fuel filler tube junction pipe? The way I read it, they are initially connected in this manner and then cut to length and plugged into their respective FASS pump ports: tank suction line to the “T” port and the return line from the fuel fill to the “R” port. The remaining length is then used to run from the “E” port on the FASS to the inlet of the Bosch injection pump. Is this correct?

If I’m reading the instructions properly the factory fuel filter and lift pump are completely bypassed. Is everyone just plugging the factory equipment and leaving in place or removing everything all together?

Thanks for the help. Should be a fun weekend.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I had mine installed so I cant answer the blue fuel line question. On mine we bypassed the stock LP and filter completely. It was left in place. I can switch back in an emergency. Probably hard to do on the side of the road, but couple of hours in the driveway. The one thing you should check is if you ask for/received the bracket for a short wheel base. Mine did not have the short wheel base bracket with the kit. Fortunately that was not a problem for Michael at HotRodDiesels. Just fabbed up a custom bracket with the welder.

The only other tip I can add is to connect the oil drain line on the Phat Shaft completely before you install it and the manifold.

Enjoy, I am happy with both the FASS and II SPS66.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:56 PM

Your read of the FASS installation is correct. In it's stock form, yes, you bypass the stock fuel filter, running the blue fuel line right up to the CP3 (you remove the banjo bolt and replace it with a 90° fitting). You should remove the fuel line that runs from the bottom of the fuel filter canister to the CP3 - everything else can remain in place.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the tip on the turbo RamW. Hopefully I'll get to that this weekend as well.

Tom - Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:57 PM

Thanks to Shane and Brian at Industrial Injection for taking the time to discuss my needs, deliver in a hurry and answer my install questions! :toast: