3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

MBRP Duals Waiting Instal

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MBRP Duals Waiting Instal

Well the UPS guy showed up with 2 huge boxes today = ) Of course one is the duals for me, an my father also bought a system for his 99 Dodge Cummins. Well I can't wait to cut the exhaust off my 05, yup only 2800 miles on it, and the exhaust and intake are already going on. I did notice the muffler on the dual set-up is a bit shorter, hope this dosn't make it too much louder, of course I do know it'll be loud, but you know, not straight pipe loud (I think kitty is going to be running away Saturday) Also the kit comes with two tail pipe hangers. One has a short piece of Steel attached, and one has a longer piece of steel attached. Which one go's on what side? If anybody with the duals could give me some help, I would greatly appreciate it, like what size one, goes on what side (drivers/passenger) side. Thanks guys. Also I will take pictures, and do some Videos with the Digital Camera of both the dual's on mine (no kitty kitty) and of my dad's 99, so you all can hear them. Later Guys.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Banned

TAS05CTD610,

Hey get with us at 866-455-7788, the manufacturer packed the wrong hanger in your kit. Check you Dad's too! The hangers are supposed to be 6 inch long for both sides. We will get MBRP to ship you what you need to get it installed correctly. You can probably install it as is and then swap the hanger later but it will be a PITA to do it so I suggest waiting fro the right part. So sorry for the problem, but we don't pack'em ! Get with us and we'll make it right for you ASAP!!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 03-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Chapter President

Once again Mark squaring things away. It's dang good to see vendors like that . Wish more people I deal with were like Mark.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:59 PM

Well in all efforts and Marks advice to wait or it'll be a PITA later, yeah still put the kit on (common like you could stand in a candy store and not buy something?) I made the hanger work by bolting another piece of flat stock to it, and will swap it out once I get the replacement. The system bolts together perfect, works perfect, and aligns more perfect that if you had a custom muffler shop bend the pipes. I def. can't believe the craftmanship of these kits. Wow. I have to tighten all the clamps tomorrow (replaced with the band clamps) and then throw those two nice shiny tips on there, and then fire her up. Boy can't wait to hear that 610 prrr (or is it growl). Also customer service was great, found out I had a wrong hanger next day Mark is on the phone getting the right one sent out. You put a lot of trust in a company when purchasing spending this money and it's finally nice to see a company that puts trust in the buyers as to what needs fixed, repalced, etc. Everything is great so far, can't wait hear it (then decide if I need to put a resonator on it) I know people say loud is loud, and my friends straigh piped durmax to me was quiet, so I'm hoping I like it, no wait make that LOVE IT. Stay tuned, will have a digital video up soon too.

Also, anybody know how to add pictures to my profile? As well as a video or something? Mark you want me to send you the file of it on my truck??
Old 03-20-2005, 08:51 AM

Well Finally got the ole truck fired up Saturday morning. Sounded good a bit raspy and a bit noisy (this was with the Cat test pipe) Crusing was ok but anything over 2200 RPM and was loud, when you loaded the truck up or took it above 2500 RMP it got loud. Now I don' mean loud as in sounds bad, it sounded good, just a bit too noisy for me, I mean with the girl, and the kids in the future, I need a truck that's not that noisy. So I put the cat back on and got the sound I was looking for. It has a nice deep tone, still rips in the upper RMP, same sound just not as loud. You can hear it crusing around 73mph, so anything over, under is ok. Also if you hit a hill it'll louden up, but I love the sound. I really like the way it sounds all around. I did notice that the muffler is only like 15-18 inches long so I think that's what makes it a bit noisyier. Overall very happy with the fit, quality, no cutting, and it fit perfect. Love it.

Now we also installed my dad's turbo back(single set up) on his 99 Cummins. I thought this would sound nice since the muffler was around 30 inches long. He fired it up and has a loudness at idle, but when on the highway you can't hear the exaust over the truck. Even when taken up around 2500 RMP it sounds nothing like the newer gens. It's odd how I have a def. exaust roar, where on his you can hear the engine really roar, so I guess it's two different sounds. I guess the motor/turbo design is what causes this? (I'm fairly new to diesels so I'm not sure) Overal a thumbs up to MBRP systems, they perform as they claim and sound great. Now only if I had somebody that could stand outside the trucks and take a sound clip of them. I'm working on that next though.