Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   mass diesel/diesel manor tranny line (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/mass-diesel-diesel-manor-tranny-line-148021/)

rjm022 04-24-2007 07:09 PM

mass diesel/diesel manor tranny line

mine is leaking at the fitting that came installed in the port. i need to take the whole line off, so i can take off the fitting and re-paste it,etc. does anybody know what size of a plug i would need for the top male and the bottom femalethreads on the tranny-where the line installs?? so, this way i can put dummy plugs in, so i do not lose alot of fluid!

megafast 04-24-2007 07:54 PM

I would have to go look at mine, but I doubt you could plug the lines. I bet they used a ferreled fitting.

Sorry, I just reread your post and you are wanting to remove the whole line. Not sure what size those are.

rjm022 04-24-2007 09:02 PM

i think i may have the old line around somewhere. but if somebody knows- i would appreciate it!

RamWheelsBy4 04-24-2007 10:33 PM

Well when mine was installed i don't think a pint of fluid came out if that.

rjm022 04-25-2007 05:10 AM

that is what i read from other posts before i did the install. but when i did it- i lost close to a quart of fluid!! i was surprised!-after reading several posts of how there is hardly any fluid loss! not in my case!

dangier 04-25-2007 05:20 AM

rjm022
Just did mine last weekend. I had the truck tipped to the passenger side some and only lost a few ounces. Did not leave it open long though. The fittings are hydraulic type and both are different sizes. My old piece is two hours away so I can not give you the sizes right now. Your best bet if you need to leave it off for a period of time is to put the original back in. Good luck.
David

RamWheelsBy4 04-25-2007 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by rjm022 (Post 1477947)
that is what i read from other posts before i did the install. but when i did it- i lost close to a quart of fluid!! i was surprised!-after reading several posts of how there is hardly any fluid loss! not in my case!

Well go figure[duhhh] , mine was on a lift off the ground and basically level. It had been sitting for at least an hour maybe more to cool off, maybe that drained more fluid back into the pan.

rjm022 04-25-2007 04:58 PM

bought some plugs today at home depot. i was able to find the old line. good trick-i'll slightly jack the truck-so i can slow down the fluid loss.

RamWheelsBy4 04-25-2007 09:23 PM

The more I think about it mine was sitting for probably 2 hours at least had to go to Home Depot the get an adapter to put the sensor in.

rjm022 04-26-2007 05:11 AM

i remember when i first put th line on- the majority of my fluid loss came within the first couple of minutes-then it just became a dribble. total fluid loss when done-was 3/4 of a quart.