3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leveling kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01smoker
Yea, looks "alright" until you hook a trailer to it. Then it looks like your rear bumper is gonna drag the ground. That looks real good.
Actually if you look at the line in the body that runs the entire length of the truck in my pic, it still isn't quite level, with a trailer on the back it makes it exactly level. And that in my opinion looks awesome, if your truck is squating that much to make a nonleveled truck level, maybe you have too much tongue weight. Its all in the eye of the beholder
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CallmeD
I have a level with 325's on aftermarket rims. Looks real good. I'll have to get some pics up.
You need to get those pics up like yesterday!

and dont forget specs on rim size width and backspacing
Old 11-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Goin to Dumont when I get off work in a bit (already loaded). If you like PM your cell and ill send you a tx with some pixs. Best I can do on short notice. My wife downloads the pics and posts them for me and shell be at work when I get home (sorry for bein computer stupid haha).

Also tires are 325 65 18. and then below that they say 35 13.5 18. I think it looks great.

Dan
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM

got some pics i can email. I don't know how to post them up.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Been getting ready tp mount up some 2" Top Gunz spacers in mine. I got 2" rear blocks as well, but now I'm hearing that getting 2" taller rear shocks will be a problem so I might not install those now. Not sure what to do.

For those of you who have installed the spacers, do I need a spring compressor or once you drop everything will the spring unload and just come out?

Thanks,
gpshemi
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM

I put the Lorenz Suspension 2 inch lift/leveler coils in my '06 and 35 inch Toyo MT tires. The ride is phenomenally better. Not sure about how the leveling kit blocks would improve ride. Also, I have the 6 speed and a Gear Vendors Overdrive. Now I am at 1500 revs going 67 mph. Just installed the 51inch Donaldson muffler today (dropped egt about 50 deg in 20 mile test drive) today. Later this week lockout hubs from EMS offroad. Will see what this all amounts to for fuel milage. Run the Standard Xzillaraider on level 2.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Wasn't necissarily looking for a better ride although I wouldn't complain. The springs are a little more pricey is all. By the time you do the new front springs and the rear mini packs you've got a fair amount of money in it. My spacers and rear blocks were less then $200 together.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 PM

I had 4.5 inch spacers on mine and replaced them with 5.5 inch lift springs. With the spacers I had 2 1 inch blocks in the back. When I put the springs in I took 1 block out and added an add-a-leaf. The ride actually improved. Truck will sit level with bed tank full and a heavy gooseneck not loaded.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM

I didn't do anything to the rear except Bilstein's. I have a Ranchhand bumper so went with the Lorenz 23% springs in front. The truck sits perfectly level and looks BAAAD with the 35's. Money aside, the ride improvement is well worth the extra bucks. I am serious. You wouldn't believe it.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM

I like how mine sits, pics in my gallery.

Originally Posted by gpshemi
Been getting ready tp mount up some 2" Top Gunz spacers in mine. I got 2" rear blocks as well, but now I'm hearing that getting 2" taller rear shocks will be a problem so I might not install those now. Not sure what to do.

For those of you who have installed the spacers, do I need a spring compressor or once you drop everything will the spring unload and just come out?

Thanks,
gpshemi
I didn't use compressors but that's up to you... Just FYI about how I did mine, they pretty much just fell out after I jacked up the opposite end to get the axle to drop down all the way. But... just to be safe I'd follow the directions
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM

I personally would skip the puck lift and go with a REAL kit like Lorenz. I have problems with wandering with the puck and can't explain it. I constantly am correcting to keep the truck on the road. I will be going with a Lorenz kit when the cash is available.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 PM

You probably need to address the track bar and sway bar along with the shocks when using the spacers... Just FYI.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 AM

I put the 2.5 inch leveling kit in mine with rancho rs9000 shock and I went ahead and put the rancho stablizer on the front. Went p in tire size to 35x12.50x17 xtreme m/t's. haven't had any probs. I pull two different concret trailers everyday and a 35ft gooseneck toyhauler rv on the weekends. with the toyhauler hooked up thetrailer is perfectly levevl the rv dealership said you couldnt ask for anything more level.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 AM

I hear guys that run them without all that all the time. What's the finished cost for the lorenz stuff? Bout a grand isn't it? By the time you get a mini pack, front springs, and shocks....
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Again I didn't do any mini packs or dual purpose leafs in back -- just went with the Bilstein shocks on all 4 and the Lorenz 2 inch leveler coils in front. Total was close to 900 bucks delivered and the installation was free at home.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit???