3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help please, My TST and BDDL stack seem to have too much timing. Please direct me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please, My TST and BDDL stack seem to have too much timing. Please direct me.

Hello all,

Im sure the thread is worn out with "what is the best stack" but I cannot seem to find the "best of both worlds" for my truck.

I have an 05 ram quad cab single rear wheel auto trans with ats torque converter, sps 62 turbo "by the way this turbo is awesome" , bully dog downloader at 90 hp performance and TST at 4/4 or 4/2 setting. ATS exh manifold and AFE stage II intake, FASS fuel 95gph system. My EGT's never go above 1180 at WOT. and 45 to 50psi boost.

I love the low end and mid range, no problems there but when I hit higher rpms like 2000 or above I get a timing knock that I do not like. I guess that is what I am hearing b/c the truck runs great. Its just that the power is not as smooth as I would prefer.

If the TST increases boost, fuel, and I think at least 12 degrees of timing , then what is my bully dog adding ? Im thinking it adds more fuel, more timing and some rail pressure.

Is it possible that with the bddl on 90 hp and the tst on 4/4 im adding way too much timing at upper rpm? If so how could I reduce this timing?

What would be a better stack to have that low and mid range pep and also have the upper power with the TST?

Waiting for some help. Thanks !!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:51 PM

My TST alone seems to make the motor rattle. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are worried, why not try the reverse of the tone ring mod. Take some timing out of it.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:10 AM

Do you have the standard or the Crazy Larry. The standard BDDL seems to create alot more timing knock. I used to run the standard BDDL and could only run the 50hp setting with the TST. The Crazy Larry is actually MUCH smoother (on the 230hp setting). If you don't want to upgrade, then turn the BDDL down to 50hp (Tow) and the TST up to 7/7. You will be much happier this way.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would off the power pub and get the mp-8 if I were you. if you stack boxes with shared parameters and no whay to actually cap the timing and you will have a harder time managing it.

with the stack you have now every time you dial either box up you are getting some timing. short story long I would feel safer with a different stack from what I have read.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:43 PM

ABOUT HOW MUCH TIMING DOES THE BULLY DOG DOWN LOADER CREATE
ON THE 90 HP SETTING "PERFORMANCE SETTING"?
HOW ABOUT THE TST ON 4/4 ?

THIS TRUCK rocks with the tst on 4/4 and the bddl on 90 hp performance mode. It just really knocks at higher rpms than I care for