3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exhaust & Power modules??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust & Power modules??

Hey I'm wanting to open up the exhaust on my 06 Mega cab. I'm not really into flashy exhaust tips and stuff. I'm looking at more flow and to help lower my EGT's.
So my question's. Has anyone taken the stock muffler off and replaced it with a thru pipe and leaving everything else as it was? Did it help? Did you get a ton of cab noise. I know this ain't going to be a big power increase but do's it help alittle? Or has anyone taken out the stock muffler and put a performance strait thru muffler in it's place and leaving everthing as it was. If what were the results. Better performance? cab noise? What did you put on name wise?
The main reason for my Questions is the truck already has 4" exhaust why spend 400- 1000$$ for new 4" pipe plus a muffle. Bussies got Banks system not inpressed with noice factor (in cab)
Also anyone running a Quadzilla or Preditor power mod. How you like it. I've been looking at these cause of ease of install, pretty simple and price. Nice bang for the buck. As long as there claims are true or close.
I'm only looking for moderate increases nothing too much mainly to help when towing. Quite happy with power so for but could use a touch more.
Thanks everyone for any info about this.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:57 AM

Removing the muffler with a delete pipe is very simple. With the cat and the resonator still on, it is still very mellow and wont be bad on the ears. A straight through muffler will be quieter and maybe barely louder than stock.

I have the muffler and cat removed for a full 4" straight pipe and i can set off car alarms, and i am told my truck at full throttle has been heard up to a mile away with ease.

Quadzilla is very popular on this site. VERY good customer service for sure. member "quad" is awesome with helping customers out. There are some predator people on here as well, but the predator to quad ratio is probably 100:10.

My suggestion is get a muffler delete pipe, see if you like it or not and get a Quadzilla tow box. The muffler delete will sound just perfect for you. It wont be very loud. You have to remove the cat to make it really loud.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:28 PM

Well did the muffler delete with everything else stock. Sounds pretty good so far. We'll find out tomorrow when I'm pulling up the hills for a long weekend of relaxing in the pines. Definently noticed alot better throtle responce and the tranny shifting seems smoother?
Still wait to hear more on the power modulars though. Well geuss no ones using them. I know you all want CRAZY power. Any way I'll give my report on monday.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by quadman20
Well did the muffler delete with everything else stock. Sounds pretty good so far. We'll find out tomorrow when I'm pulling up the hills for a long weekend of relaxing in the pines. Definently noticed alot better throtle responce and the tranny shifting seems smoother?
Still wait to hear more on the power modulars though. Well geuss no ones using them. I know you all want CRAZY power. Any way I'll give my report on monday.
No, I don't think anyone on this site is using a box or programmer. Try searching, you might get lucky and find one...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 PM

Like Stroke This said, sounds like the Quadzilla XZT module would be pretty good for you. It doesn't turn off and there's only one power setting but it was designed for towing. If you're going to be adding power you'll want to monitor EGT and boost at a minimum. Even when my truck was stock, towing up a steep grade, I was able to get my exhaust temps up to 1400 deg. Then again, if you get the Quadzilla Commander instead of analog gauges, you'll be able to control the XZT.

I have the race module and my experience with it so far has been very good.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Well was quit happy with muff delete made it much easier going up the hills. Sounds good. Heck the wife didn't even notice till I asked her.