3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dr Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Performance

Got a Dr perfromance module in my 04. its been working out great. some guy that lives by my got the same exact truck as me and put in a six gun. we pulled up to a stop light and i pulled away pretty easily. The guys i ordered this thing from said i dont really need guages since it doesnt dump more fuel. What do you guys think? Any fuel mileage numbers out there with the module. I sometimes get up to 23 mph going to school but usually i have my foot in it.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:11 AM

I'd have to say any boxes... get gauges.

But of course I have an EZ and need to save up for gauges so I'll just keep quiet. lol
Old 02-01-2005, 02:07 AM

I was in the same boat Bubba, I've had the EZ for a about a year before I had gauges. I can't imagine what my EGT's were back in the day racing around with my truck
Bubba's right, just because they say you don't need to worry about EGT's with this mod, sounds a little on the shady side
Old 02-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Get some gauges.....

I can't imagine anyone associated with diesel performance telling you that you don't need them,

Better find some new experts
Old 02-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Power is dustructive if left unchecked. Get some gauges!

Rich.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:25 AM

I drove mine for almost 2 years without any guages. I even towed about 12,000lb once with the EZ on level 5!! (I took it easy though.) Luckily, when I finally did get guages, I found that I was well within the proper operating parameters of the truck. It was pretty stupid of me and I'm glad I have the guages now. I still need a trans guage and it's coming soon..... The 03/04 SOs seem to run a bit cooler than the HOs..
Old 02-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Ask DieselDude4X4 how important a set of gauges can be.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 AM

The guy here in TX. told me I did'nt need guages either. By the way I also have A Dr. Performance stage III module non adjustable. He told me the module could somehow see egt's and I think boost also and would shut off if they were over range. He has A Dr. P module with gauges and said he has never ran over 1050 egt's. But I do plan on getting gauges as soon as possible just so I know were I'm at while playing around.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Did somebody mention gauges??? LOL
Here we go again... https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=60124
Old 02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Banned

Afternoon,

I have some swamp land in Arizona I need to sell anyone interested???

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-01-2005, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a Dr Performance Stage II(85hp) box on my 04.5 600 with an afe stage II and torque tube. Had it on for about a month, its gone now.

I could push my EGTs to over 1450 if I tried hard. Power brake to 10psi and then never let up. With the 315s the EGTs would climb to 1450 before I chickened out.

I think you REALLY need gauges. Without gauges I could easily see how you could melt something.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.mean
The guy here in TX. told me I did'nt need guages either. By the way I also have A Dr. Performance stage III module non adjustable. He told me the module could somehow see egt's and I think boost also and would shut off if they were over range. He has A Dr. P module with gauges and said he has never ran over 1050 egt's. But I do plan on getting gauges as soon as possible just so I know were I'm at while playing around.
I would run from anybody who would sell you something like that, and then tell you that you don't need gauges. That 1050 egt sounds like a post turbo reading, that would mean that he would really be pushing 1450 and looking at a melting down some pistons.

Anytime you increase the fuel beyond the factory spec, you better be sure just how hot you are really getting things. If you go by the "feel" of it, you are asking for several thousand dollars worth of damage in a big hurry.!

Keep your foot out of that thing till you get a good pyro gauge "pre" turbo, so you will know what you really have happening under the hood. Many guys have paid the price by not getting the gauges first.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:31 PM

The fellow that sold me this thing said it did not increase fuel. He said it changed the timing so the fuel was injected when the piston was at the very bottom of its stroke instead of half way up. Before I got the module there was A minimal amount of black smoke. Now there is 0 black smoke so what he said kind of made since. And i am getting 3 miles to the gallon better on my mileage. I will still get those guages as soon as possible, and try to keep my foot out of it in the mean time. Oh by the way moneyd I only get around 16 mpg, up from 13 but I have the 600. Or it could be somthing in the air there in California.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by Mr.mean
He told me the module could somehow see egt's and I think boost also and would shut off if they were over range.
?????????????????
Old 02-01-2005, 10:48 PM

The EGT sounds like post turbo. I can hit 1250 WOT in the stock setting on my volumizer pre-turbo and could burry it gauge if I did not watch it in the 100 HP setting. Theres a lot of boxes that do timing and most manufactures advise you to get gauges. I would get some. Cheap insurance vs. melting a piston or frying the turbo.

Quick Reply: Dr Performance