3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DIY 5" Turbo Back to 7" Single Miter

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Incredible job and pics and truck...

gives me lots of ideas...

I remember a few years ago I never thought I'd consider doing a stack or stacks. Now I can't wait to do it... it's just that I have this toolbox in my bed...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
you are a lucky man with a woman like that Mark. SHe have a sister? LOL!!
yeah shes a twin
Old 06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
YAHOOOO She SINGLE!?!?!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
yeah shes a twin
!!

Fellas if you haven't seen a 7" stack just go look into your garbage can!!! I couldn't believe it.. I've seen JD"s bullhaulers and they are huge but that mitre is soooooo sweeeet.. If I didn't have then dambbed two dogs I'd be cutting a hole in my bed!!!

Awesome work Mark!!

Shane
Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
!!

Fellas if you haven't seen a 7" stack just go look into your garbage can!!! I couldn't believe it.. I've seen JD"s bullhaulers and they are huge but that mitre is soooooo sweeeet.. If I didn't have then dambbed two dogs I'd be cutting a hole in my bed!!!

Awesome work Mark!!

Shane

Thanks Shane....

well I took my dogs out in the truck bed for the first time today and they where not to happy with the new stack..they where actually scared at first after about 10-15 mins of city driving they where back to them selves....other then, they did not come to the front by stack/cab like they normally do....witch is fine by me as I dont want them to get burned.

oh-yeah that reminds me I called my powder coater today he said he would gloss black my stack for $25 bucks witch to me is a steal because I spent $15 on high temp paint!!!! I will take it in once I get my new "staxx clamp"

Yes the pics do not do it justice....when I pulled that 7" miter out of the box, I started to think I made a mistake ....but now that it is on I would not do it any other way. the sound is deep and I love it.
sounds better then I had hoped....before I had it installed I was kinda planing on a muffler thinking it was going to be loud/drone!!! but now that I have run it for a few day I really like it the way it is but I have not towed with it yet so drone could still be a possibility???

Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

Thanks Shane....

well I took my dogs out in the truck bed for the first time today and they where not to happy with the new stack..they where actually scared at first after about 10-15 mins of city driving they where back to them selves....other then, they did not come to the front by stack/cab like they normally do....witch is fine by me as I dont want them to get burned.

oh-yeah that reminds me I called my powder coater today he said he would gloss black my stack for $25 bucks witch to me is a steal because I spent $15 on high temp paint!!!! I will take it in once I get my new "staxx clamp"

Yes the pics do not do it justice....when I pulled that 7" miter out of the box, I started to think I made a mistake ....but now that it is on I would not do it any other way. the sound is deep and I love it.
sounds better then I had hoped....before I had it installed I was kinda planing on a muffler thinking it was going to be loud/drone!!! but now that I have run it for a few day I really like it the way it is but I have not towed with it yet so drone could still be a possibility???

Thanks

Yeah I know retardo - Hass would burn something and that's mommas boy so he is golden!!! Nothing better happen to him.. He got sprayed by a skunk last week and still got to sleep inside!!! Of course after a heavy bath!! You could still get a wiff of it!! I bet the dogs were like what?? What did you say something??? Huh??? Wish i would have had more time to load smarty and take pic's of her barreling smoke!! Then I'd have been taking Jackson home and you'd have the smarty!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:15 AM

I would have liked to take you guys for a ride in my truck so you could here it in the cab...it's not obnoxious like you think it would be.

My 01 CTD with Auto and straight pipe was sooo loud it droned and rattled your ears while on the freeway, to the point where you could not carry a conversation with your wife and that was unloaded
my 3rd gen with stack is nothing like that, it sounds like a pimped out semi now....DEEP

it's probably better I did not try your smarty....momma said no more modding this month
Old 06-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

it's probably better I did not try your smarty....momma said no more modding this month
Yeah me too!! On another note Heat at Recon contacted me items will be here next week!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:22 AM

Does powder hold up to heat. I thought that it was supposed to only be good for like 350. There is something on blackclouds pic gallary, where a guy with a ford had teflon put on the stacks, because he said it would withstand much more heat. Do the stacks get very hot anyway?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 AM

Here is the link, http://www.blackclouddiesel.com/Stacks/stackpics.htm.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Yeah me too!! On another note Heat at Recon contacted me items will be here next week!!
EVERYTHING you ordered????

Originally Posted by OldSmokey
Does powder hold up to heat. I thought that it was supposed to only be good for like 350. There is something on blackclouds pic gallary, where a guy with a ford had teflon put on the stacks, because he said it would withstand much more heat. Do the stacks get very hot anyway?
Well my powder coater told me it was good to about 450* he said it may just cause it to dull the gloss finish sooner then the norm.
I can almost leave my hand on my stack while idling, it's not too hot but who know what it is while running??

I want a gloss finish that is the reason I did not get it HPC coated (they only have semi-gloss)
do they have a Teflon gloss black??? how much is it?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Banned

EVERYTHING you ordered????

Yes sir!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by OldSmokey
Thanks for the link that looks sweet!!!!!

I know PC is good to more then that cause they cook it on at 400* my powder coater said it starts to bubble the coating around 500*
but I am only repeating what I was told????
Old 06-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Banned

That for is huge!!! Teflon looks good!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned

After seeing that single bullhauler on the white dodge Sure made that choice easy!!

Quick Reply: DIY 5" Turbo Back to 7" Single Miter