Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   DiProcol Pyro Problems (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/diprocol-pyro-problems-143550/)

Dang 03-26-2007 06:09 PM

DiProcol Pyro Problems

My first DiProcol Pyro would periodically start wandering around giving me all sorts of weird readings. I changed the power supply and checked the grounding and still had problems. The dealer switched it out with a "new" version and now after a couple of months it is doing the same thing.

Anyone else having these issues?

DynoDynamicsNE 03-26-2007 06:14 PM

I was getting ready to buy the DiProcol gauges. I hadn't heard anything bad about them, but if there are others having problems, I'll have to rethink which gauges to get.

Fisherguy 03-26-2007 07:16 PM

No problems with mine so far...

Pull U 2 03-26-2007 07:35 PM

I've had mine installed now for almost 2 years and I haven't had one problem. That's even after they fell a few times when I had the overhead mount:( [laugh]

fjbiker86 03-26-2007 08:00 PM

ive only had mine on for about 4 months and no problems

lmills 03-26-2007 08:04 PM

you have it wired to switched source? It needs to be wired to a source that drops power when the ignition is off

OldSmokey 03-26-2007 08:05 PM

Mine has been doing the same thing. Thanks Imills ill have to give that a try too.

53 willys 03-26-2007 08:59 PM

my dipricol boost gauge is still rattling when I get on it[verymad]
this is after getting the first one was warrantied....[verymad]
I still like them tho[laugh][duhhh]

Luvnacumns 03-26-2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 53 willys (Post 1428418)
my dipricol boost gauge is still rattling when I get on it[verymad]
this is after getting the first one was warrantied....[verymad]
I still like them tho[laugh][duhhh]

I liked the diprocol's but I also liked my autometer's. When I went to buy them my guy said that autometers come with a rubber to put on the bulb for different colors so I got the green to see how they looke compared to the factory lights??? Never know until you try right!![duhhh]

Shane

Fisherguy 03-26-2007 09:40 PM

Mark, I thnk soemone said their rattle was caused by the tube virating against something inthe a-pillar, maybe try some tie wraps in there or something?

dperf 03-26-2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dang (Post 1428067)
My first DiProcol Pyro would periodically start wandering around giving me all sorts of weird readings. I changed the power supply and checked the grounding and still had problems. The dealer switched it out with a "new" version and now after a couple of months it is doing the same thing.

Anyone else having these issues?

i am having the same issue. Had two gauges, changed the thermocouple, and changed power supply from two different keyed sources and still periodically have the same problems. when it occurs, i can shut the truck off and it will reset and work normally. it seems to happen more on longer trips(30+mins), versus shorter ones. as for the boost rattle, i had this as well, but easily fixed it by wire ties and some form of soft insulation. small plumbing pipe insulation i think.
BD

UnrulyNFS 03-26-2007 11:01 PM

Fixed my rattle with wire ties.

No problems with my gauge in well over a years use.

Dang 03-27-2007 08:35 AM

Thanks for the info on the Boost rattle, now I can fix that issue. As far as the Pyro goes, I have tried two different keyed power sources and it made no difference. I suppose I could relocate the ground and see what that does.

P.J 03-27-2007 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dang (Post 1429146)
I suppose I could relocate the ground and see what that does.

..............to the BATTERY. I bet your problems go away after that.

I haven't had any issues out of my gauges so far, I like them the same or a little more than the Isspros I had on my old truck.

53 willys 03-27-2007 09:50 AM

I guess I will try some zip ties ( it is already zip tied but I will tie them up better) after I get my 2 pod with a handle apiller mount:cool:
thanks for the tips guys[coffee]