Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/)
-   -   Bought TS MP-8 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-5-9l-only-107/bought-ts-mp-8-a-119852/)

HaulinBut 10-13-2006 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4 (Post 1164931)
oh sure you could....but its not wise.

the TS MP8 is nothing but a pressure box with some mild boost fooling and something else....(i know this because with it on 0% it is not in-effective, it still effects crazy larry...so much that i still had black smoke when the turbo was spooled.)

Crazy Larry already adds pressure. Too much pressure is a problem. relief valves wear out and some argue pressure damages injectors.

I didn't think the TS products (I have the Ramifier), booted pressure at all......You sure?

973604x4 10-14-2006 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by HaulinBut (Post 1165451)
I didn't think the TS products (I have the Ramifier), booted pressure at all......You sure?

Pressure?

the TS MP8 is a PRESSURE BOX. it only hooks up to the rail pressure sensor and the Map sensor...it physically can't do timing or duration since its not hooked up to injectors...its a pressure box. yes i am sure.

I don't even know what a ramifier is....its not a TS MP8 though.

powerstrokin03 10-14-2006 01:10 AM

Ramifier is the old version before the MP8 came out

973604x4 10-14-2006 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by powerstrokin03 (Post 1165586)
Ramifier is the old version before the MP8 came out

thanks Judd...didn't know that

wap 10-14-2006 06:45 AM

97, I understand.

Dodgezilla 10-14-2006 08:14 AM

Yup, That MP-8 is nothing but pressure and Boost fooling (I think)...

JCLeary 10-14-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4 (Post 1164931)
oh sure you could....but its not wise.

the TS MP8 is nothing but a pressure box with some mild boost fooling and something else

It is a pressure box, but unlike the other pressure boxes on the market it does some very tricky, very good boost fooling. It really has a big effect on timing and duration, as the MAP sensor values gets the ECM to do a lot of things.

At low boost it tells the ECM it has more boost than actual. This helps a lot when stacked with the TST box or Juice, because it gets them to fuel a lot sooner. It also caps boost readings so you don't get overboost codes.

Another sweet feature is the infinite adjustability. It really helps on the dyno when you're trying to tune in that extra few horsepower. You're not committed to 20, 30, 0r 50 horsepower separation on settings.

The MP-8 is one of the most agressive, and IMO the best pressure box on the market.

973604x4 10-14-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JCLeary (Post 1165962)
It is a pressure box, but unlike the other pressure boxes on the market it does some very tricky, very good boost fooling. It really has a big effect on timing and duration, as the MAP sensor values gets the ECM to do a lot of things.

At low boost it tells the ECM it has more boost than actual. This helps a lot when stacked with the TST box or Juice, because it gets them to fuel a lot sooner. It also caps boost readings so you don't get overboost codes.

Another sweet feature is the infinite adjustability. It really helps on the dyno when you're trying to tune in that extra few horsepower. You're not committed to 20, 30, 0r 50 horsepower separation on settings.

The MP-8 is one of the most agressive, and IMO the best pressure box on the market.

that makes more sense as to why it didn't work well with my Smarty....all the fuel down low was bogging me down in fuel. I wish i had a box to use my TS MP8 with.....but i am not going to stack it with crazy larry.

on second thought i own a HOT Juice and a TS MP8....i have agreements to sell them but i don't have cash in my hands......i think i may just hold on to them for a while. :confused:

JCLeary 10-14-2006 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4 (Post 1165972)
that makes more sense as to why it didn't work well with my Smarty....all the fuel down low was bogging me down in fuel. I wish i had a box to use my TS MP8 with.....but i am not going to stack it with crazy larry.

on second thought i own a HOT Juice and a TS MP8....i have agreements to sell them but i don't have cash in my hands......i think i may just hold on to them for a while. :confused:

I think you'll find that to be a nice stack.

When running the Smarty/MP-8 stack, try the Smarty on 3 or 5, and 50% on the MP-8. Tweak for best SOP results.

I also liked the MP-8 stacked with the Bully Dog Triple Dog on Tow setting. They claim to use no pressure in the tow setting.

wap 10-14-2006 06:08 PM

Dennis at TS told me that on their truck BD on extreme and the mp8 on ? would get about 475-485 horse with a bigger turbo and the fuel to supply it. I asked about crazy larry and he said he never tried it, cause he didnt need to.

97, One thing about the juice/mp8 is you will have much more adjustability than with the bd. IMO I would sell the juice and smarty, keep the bd and mp8 and go ahead and get a tst.

HaulinBut 10-25-2006 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by 973604x4 (Post 1165561)
Pressure?

the TS MP8 is a PRESSURE BOX. it only hooks up to the rail pressure sensor and the Map sensor...it physically can't do timing or duration since its not hooked up to injectors...its a pressure box. yes i am sure.

I don't even know what a ramifier is....its not a TS MP8 though.

97 Thanks for the clarification. I knew the MP8 was the successor to the Ramifier and different, but I didn't know how.