3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BD Inter-cooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I find your whole stance on this issue rather amusing...this is an earlier post of yours...apparently when it is YOUR money we are talking about, you adopt a whole different attitude

Uncle Ugly

Do NOT even get me started on how much of a piece of GARBAGE the EDIT warranty is.

All I will say is this....

Spend your money elsewhere where the company involved wants your business,appreciates your business and STANDS behind their products......Nuff Said!"

Looks like you got it right the first time Nuff Said!
BAZINGA!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I agree 100% and I am dropping their product line from our Online Store
When the First Shirt speaks you better believe people listen. Good call Top.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 PM
KKB

Any updates?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM

leaving tonight for training and will be off the net for a month. I will come back for a month and leave for another 9 months. I have found a few more spots on the cooler where the welds are cracked. BD wont respond to my emails nor will they call me back. I wont have time to get my cooler fixed anytime soon so BD still has time to make it right. My truck will just be sitting and collecting dust and I doubt BD will ever respond back to me. Feel free to spread the word that BD wont stand behind thier products or defend thier reasons why.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:36 PM

(I removed post for being out of context after mod edit)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Uncle Ugly has been banned again.....he was banned once before as "Hammer"..

You guys may remember him getting all bent out of shape because he did NOT win truck of the month.....in his somewhat strange mind he had determined he would win because his truck was better than anyone else s truck see a pattern here?

Bye again Andy
Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Some of you might be interested in reading this...

http://www.dieseltechtalk.com/forums...sel-on-truck-u
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here Jimbo I'll post my words, to help your mission.

The person with the intercooler:

Yes, it is unfortunate a failure occurred; he followed the correct channels trying to go through our warranty department. To his dissatisfaction his claim was denied and was offered a replacement at a greatly reduced price.

However, what was not told is this:
The fellow is in the service and between moves; he was not able to supply an actual copy of his purchase invoice. I myself have tried to obtain it from him and have left his request for warranty consideration open to give him time to produce his invoice.

Further to this case, he claims to have purchased it within “a year or so” (and we all know how fast time can fly) our records indicate we have not manufactured an intercooler with welded seems in over 3 years, all of our Cool-it Intercoolers have cast aluminum end caps so you can see why my claims department are reluctant to replace it under our one year warranty period without a copy of his invoice.

It’s all too easy to go on the forums and state bad service for this company and that company but without knowing all the behind the scenes facts the bad mouthing and slander runs wild.

Customer service is a priority and a big concern for us. However I do not know of a single company that will replace a automotive product with out a copy of the original invoice, so we can only do so much with the information we are given.

As for the Turbo issue, ok I’ll admit this is the first I’ve heard of it, (this customers post) and will be looking into it further. However a few facts do need to be noted.

In our installation manual we clearly state it is not uncommon to have oil seepage around the compressor housing bearing area. We have discussed this issue with Borg Warner and have been informed this is normal is a performance style turbo. This is why we put this statement in our installation manual:

*IMPORTANT* When idled for any length of time some oil may leak from the turbo. If the performance/boost is satisfactory and the wheel is not touching the housing (There will be some small movement), the excess oil is not a concern. Simply wipe with a clean cotton cloth and continue use.

As for the response that was posted that was apparently from the owner of BD Diesel Performance I can assure you it was not. If anything it was a wrongly worded response from our claims department, and I will be looking into its validity and having a talk with them over choosing there written words. But again at this point I only have one side of the story so until I looking into it further I can not say anything but “Wow” and rest assure it did Not come from the owner of BD.
Lastly, to address the issue of “Doing business in Canada” This is a tough one ever for me, We can not chase the Canadian dollar like some, We buy our materials anywhere from six months to a year in advance, when you add shipping, warehousing, our wonderful HST tax, duties the cost of labour starting from every employee that touches that product from R&D purchasing right down to they day it leaves our door, it is a massive difference to do business in Canada then it is in the US. We Can’t even buy a GM, Ford, or Dodge vehicle that are made here in Canada at the same price that is offered in the USA.

Thanks for letting me clear the air and even vent a little. To everyone else reading this I am here and on other forums to help not just sell products so if you have a question please ask I’m here to work for everyone, if you have a problem and think its unfair let me know I’ll look into, most of the time anger starts from lack of communication or poorly chosen words as a response.

Regards,
Hector
Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Who's to say it wasn't sitting on a shelf for two years before he bought it? I don't care if it was purchased 3 years ago or not frankly. It's clearly a ****-poor manufacturing issue regardless of age, and BD is just trying to weasel out of it by hiding behind a 1 yr warranty clause. In my opinion, at the very least, they owe it to our service personnel to stand behind that particular unit regardless of age. Anything contrary to that is just un-American in my book. I'm completely disgusted and the damage is done in my book.

These servicemen protect your freedoms with their lives you complete JACK WAGONS. I hope your position on it serves your company as it should.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just before reading Hector's post, I was going to say the same thing...only recently in this thread did the original poster quietly mention that he did not have the receipt. Everyone was so quick to jump on the bd bashing bandwagon...as someone who works for a manufacturer I see the same thing happen in our industry all the time..and there are always two sides. I understand the original poster's dilemma, but come on man, keep track of your receipts. Keep them in an online folder you can easily access..
Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

I still stand get me the invoice, but i need something to work with, to go to bat for him, it is Because he is a Serviceman and his situaltion that I am holding this open. otherwise there would be no more discussions or waiting.

If you have a beef with me or our products I'm a phone call or -mail away, it might take me a bit to get to you but I will if you leave me a message.

Hector

Last edited by Hector-BD; 02-14-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM

I agree Lightman, but no excuse. It's a BD product, and it's clearly a defect. The RIGHT thing to do, especially for a servicemen, is to stand behind it. The cost would be nothing in the grand scheme of things, and the good word of mouth would have priceless. However, the opposite has happened. The bad press has them back-peddling, justifying, and working on damage control.

I wouldn't buy a BD product even if they do fix it now and sure others will agree.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
He said a rather well respected Diesel shop installed it, they should be able to say at a minimum when the install was done to help him out. I don't keep all my invoices, and not many people do. Bottom line is it is a shame and a poor product. An invoice at this point is just a reason to deny the fact the product was well crap. A big piece of aluminum crap. I stand by the fact some companies get too big for their britches and too concerned with the bottom line than the actual facts no matter how tuff they are to admit.

I don't have a single invoice for either of my trucks ,But my builder will fix them no questions asked. priceless.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
He said a rather well respected Diesel shop installed it, they should be able to say at a minimum when the install was done to help him out. I don't keep all my invoices, and not many people do. Bottom line is it is a shame and a poor product. An invoice at this point is just a reason to deny the fact the product was well crap. A big piece of aluminum crap. I stand by the fact some companies get too big for their britches and too concerned with the bottom line than the actual facts no matter how tuff they are to admit.

I don't have a single invoice for either of my trucks ,But my builder will fix them no questions asked. priceless.
Tim at TRE is a standup guy. Wish he was closer to me.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
Tim at TRE is a standup guy. Wish he was closer to me.
He is indeed His Father is a great guy as well...just goes to show that the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Quick Reply: BD Inter-cooler