3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

all you guys with lifts/big tires!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I just ordered a bumper from alien-patrol. Don't know much about them but they seem like good people.. Jon told me he would ship it cod and if there wasn't anything I didn't like ship it back no charges!!! That's pretty good and he is a sponser here so I figured I would give them a shot and post feedback... OF course after it gets line-x's silver!!!

Shane
Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Thanks Shane - that's what I like about the looks too.

I think a big lift/big tires look best when the wheel opening is radiused to match the tires' OD.
I never thought about it so technically, but that is exactly the ratio I like as well. Probably why I am doing the littlest amount of lift for the largest tire!

I know, if I could only go 60-65 though, I might end up bashing my head through the steering wheel!...Or Emily might do it to me!

I don't mind when the occasional car passes me, but it really ticks me off when EVERYONE passes me!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Yes, I just ordered a bumper from alien-patrol. Don't know much about them but they seem like good people.. Jon told me he would ship it cod and if there wasn't anything I didn't like ship it back no charges!!! That's pretty good and he is a sponser here so I figured I would give them a shot and post feedback... OF course after it gets line-x's silver!!!

Shane
I am looking forward to seeing this!!!! Make sure you get pics up ASAP!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM

My truck (the white one in my sig) get's 17mpg on the highway, and that's with out any cruise control.

The blue rig get's about 16-17 going 65mph or so. I've never realy tested it in the city stop and go traffic but im sure it's not pretty.

I know for a fact that the blue truck lost 2 mpg w/ the 6" lift and 37's. I don't know about my truck because as soon as I drove it off the lot I lifted it.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Strokedelky
Cowboy, is this for the truck in your sig? When I had my '02 I was getting a steady 18mpg hand calculated with 35's. That was with a 4.5" lift, 3.55 gears, auto. and only an Edge EZ.

Darren

no i'm doin some lookin first, wantin to know if i should drop all the money into this truck or upgrade to a third gen and then get all the toys
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I am looking forward to seeing this!!!! Make sure you get pics up ASAP!
You can bet I will be like a kid at the candy store!!!! It should only take a day to Powdercoat it... Isn't that what you did with your road armor...

Shane
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM

You can bet I will be like a kid at the candy store!!!! It should only take a day to Powdercoat it... Isn't that what you did with your road armor...

Shane
Actually, that's what I did on my H2, but this time I had them both painted to match the truck (the bumpers came as raw cold-rolled-pickled-steel) and then wrapped them in the 3M Mylar.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

I was also thinking about the expoxy paint.. Something that is a little smoother than line-x but I doubt they can color match that stuff.. Is powdercoating smooth like the rest of the truck or does it have the bumps line lining's???
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 PM

I was also thinking about the expoxy paint.. Something that is a little smoother than line-x but I doubt they can color match that stuff.. Is powdercoating smooth like the rest of the truck or does it have the bumps line lining's???
Powdercoating can be both. My new rims are powdercoated black, but are as shiny as a new car finish; so the answer to yoru question is yes, powdercoating can be nice and "paint shiny". My powdercoating on my H2's grille was very textured like a "Line-X".
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Powdercoating can be both. My new rims are powdercoated black, but are as shiny as a new car finish; so the answer to yoru question is yes, powdercoating can be nice and "paint shiny". My powdercoating on my H2's grille was very textured like a "Line-X".
I think a little texture is what will be in order but no too much....

Shane
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
David, when you had your parts wrapped in Mylar, did they heat cure them?
Did it hurt very much, or leave any permanent scars?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get about 23MPG on the hiway with mine(i just wish it was the 28MPG my overhead said). I dont drive in the city enough to know but it does seem to drop down quite a bit.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
315's and getting 19 and change on a typical tank full. . . . .this is with the winter cover on the rad. I do run Lucas in every tank just to add back some lube from what is missing with ULSD. If I wish for smoke I can kiss anything over 15 goodbuy.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Texasimport
315's and getting 19 and change on a typical tank full. . . . .this is with the winter cover on the rad. I do run Lucas in every tank just to add back some lube from what is missing with ULSD. If I wish for smoke I can kiss anything over 15 goodbuy.
It seems the 6spd guys are always getting more
Especially with lift/tires, the difference is quite a bit more...

Quick Reply: all you guys with lifts/big tires!!