3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Air Bag and Seat Belt Dash Lights on after Pioneer Radio Install & Seat Removal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag and Seat Belt Dash Lights on after Pioneer Radio Install & Seat Removal.

Just as the title says, I put an after-market radio in my new to me truck - 2003 2500 single cab, and now my Air Bag and Seat Belt lights won't go off on the dash. Since the truck is new, I'm not sure if the switch that you turn the airbag on and off with is suppose to be illuminated, and right now it is not when you turn it on or off.

I also removed the carpet and seats to be cleaned, and unplugged the wiring harness under the seat for the seatbelt at the same time of the radio install, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either.

I checked the plug there and at the airbag switch and both are plugged in properly and snug.

Thank you for the help.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 AM

Check for pinched wires and the fuses for the safety systems.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Air Bag and Seat Belt dash light

I installed a pioneer radio in my 04, with no issues at all, did you use the factory radio harness with the adaptor plug you can buy with the radio?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 AM

I also installed a pioneer radio, using the pigtail adapter, with no problem. I don't know about the air bag switch, as I don't have one. I would like to have one if anybody knows of one around.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Yes, I used the pigtail adapter. Pioneer is great, just can't figure these lights out - I'll look for pinched wires and such over the weekend.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Switch should be illuminated when the passenger airbag is disabled. The switch sends a signal back to the airbag control module so the dash warning light does not light, the truck really does not know the bag is disabled. Something is array on that switch connection. When you removed the carpet, the airbag control module is just under the dash with one or two yellow connectors on it, did you disassemble this? If so make sure you did not bend a pin, very easy to do. It should say TRW on it...

Last edited by Nascarcamper; 03-04-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: more data
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks Nascarcamper - Its not lit, so i'm betting its in that switch. I'll investigate the control mod as well, but I did not unplug anything from in, as the carpet was cut so that it came out around the shifters easily.