3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

{{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my truck.... except i didnt go with twins
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t-boe
I regret my Rhino too. 6 months after it's sprayed it's faded and looks terrible. Costs too much to get it removed and redone. I wish I had joined this site before I bought my truck. I probably would have got a 6 speed instead of an auto and the mega cab instead of the quad. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I'm happy with my truck overall.

T-boe, go see Palomino down on Greeley hwy about a Speedliner. They are about as good as Line-x, but Palomino does AWESOME work!

Justin
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 PM

Not going with a SBC DD in the first place
uhh Jammer IIIs DDP IIIs (Big mistake) Jammer Vs Should ahve sucked it up and bought M6.5s in the first place
went to twins right away (Thank God!)
uh...
Van aaken box was a mistake
genos dash cover

Think that's it!!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't really regret anything on my truck...yet.

Perhaps I regret the less-than-professional quality of my guage installation, since I did it all myself and it looks pretty crappy under the hood.

But I've been pretty slow and fairly methodical in my mods. I assure you that I thought long and hard about every major purchase for this truck.

Notice that I'm still running the stock turbo. Notice that I only have a levelling kit and no lift, per se. Notice that I still have the stock wheels and 265 rubber. Notice that my VP is still untapped with no fueling box. NOtice the single disc clutch.

My point is that it's very easy to pass the point of diminishing returns with these trucks. My personal opinion is that if you have to have twins to keep your EGTs under control or have to pull the head to keep the gasket in place, then you're probably past that point.

So while I'd love to have twins, I'm very hesitant to go big on the mods....

JH
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM

the biggest regret I have by far -----banks 6gun & sl & intercooler. WAY WAY WAY WAY over priced for the power and no difference on anything with the intercooler. Other than that, I love the truck and the engine and sound, basically all of it. Best mod, BY FAR IS THE SMARTY.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM

My regrets are the ARTIC TWINS, biggest pain in the rear I have ever messed with (missing peices, wrong pieces, parts didn't fit correctly) and an extremely "cheap" set up (for example the intake is cloth flex ducting .) I did recieve extremely fast replys from relentless and a 200 dollar check but if it isn't right JUST DON'T SELL IT!!!!!

And the INTERCOOLER, saw NO difference at all. When the rep who sold it to me called and asked how I liked it I told them I didn't. It was worthless, he then explained to me that I wouldn't see a huge difference untill I got into the higher HP range..... I then spit off a list of mods and he has no answers.

Hope this helps others,
Shane
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

My biggest regret is starting the whole "bombing" thing and going any farther than a #100 plate and a good clutch. With my injectors timing and tight GSK my drivability and mileage has started a decending path to going out the window! I really want to just call it quits but I need a turbo/s to keep my EGT's in check... I am seriously thinking about either buying a Common Rail 6sp or a Duramax/Allison to just use for reliable daily driving and be nice for long trips and going out with my girl.... Its going to be a sad day if I decide to go that route... Unless I keep this 12v to turn into a sweet drag racer or something lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
I regret...

... hmm - guess I'll have to try again later.

You had to beat me to it!!!!

I can honestly say I do NOT regret anything!!!!!! Having second thoughts about the Edge simply because I would like to try the Smarty, but the Smarty was not available when I bought the Edge.

I'm happy with all my $$ invested
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Banks 6-gun, and "monster" exhaust
mmm....banks is coming up alot?
though i havn't had that many mods, I am looking into the next step in my
moding progress(turbo,pump,sticks) but hesitant to lose any of my reliability.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Don't regret anything yet, but if I ever try a Smarty it'll probably make me regret getting the Edge w/ att
Old 11-13-2007, 03:28 PM

1. Spray on liner. It's in good shape after four years but I could of saved $400 and got a free bed-liner from one of you.

2. My upgrade from Quadzilla 30-60-100 to the Race (140hp) was a waste. Top setting is useless.

3. Rokktech timing sensor - no noticeable difference at all.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:18 PM

definatley regret the rims and tires.... i love the way my rims look but it was just money poorly spent... and i have nitto terra grapplers.... need i say more???
Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM

I regret not finding this site sooner-wasted 6 months of truck ownership without any mods. Mods I do regret in all truthfulness are the LED/Halo headlights-someone said before that the LEDs and halos start flickering and dying, and sure enough they do. Just took them out of the loop and use only the lights-blacked out housing still looks better than stock.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM

I don't regret anything major, except for some cheap LED bulbs I bought for my license plate lights. I have built my truck for what I wanted it for, which is a play truck that can also do work when I need it to. I also regret not buying a manual tranny with my truck, but oh well, life goes on right?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM

I regret not doing things right the first time

had a fass 95 --- now have the GDP setup
had 18's---------- now have 20's
had an aero turbine, then banks, ----- now have a flo pro 5" and love it
had a 0-30psi fuel gauge ----- had to buy a 0-60psi gauge
had a 0-40 psi boost gauge --- had to buy a 0-60 psi gauge
have a con ofe---------- will probably need a dual disk soon
had an afe intake ----- now have the whistler setup.
tried a bullydog ------- now have a smarty
have DDP injectors ----- wondering if I should have installed the F-1's
have a stage 2 pump ---- should have waited for the evil twin setup.

oh well, live and learn

Quick Reply: {{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}