William9988 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

William9988

Old 10-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #1

William9988

Do You Have To Use A Tuner When Deleteing The DPF
William9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
"California Style"

That is the suggested route. Some people use simulators that plug into the vacant DPF connections to fool the stock program all is there and working...
mega-engr is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mega-engr For This Useful Post:
William9988 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #3

Truck Smokes Black Smoke No Check Engine Light

When Driveing My Dodge Truck 2500 2009 6.7 Lacks Power Then Starts To Smoke Really Bad Then Clears Out Runs Good The Rest Of The Trip Had To Dealer They Did Stationary Regen On System Said It Was Fine Truck Has Only 61000 Miles On It Oil Changed Every 5000 Miles Fuel Filter Every 10000 Miles Never Did This Before Cleaned EGR And EGR Cooler Replaced Engine Breather Filter Too Help
William9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
"California Style"

Welcome! Yes, even with proper care like you mentioned on the vehicle, these emissions are prone to the issues you're experiencing. Good that you were able to get the EGR system cleaned out. My truck started with an EGR turbo code at 4K miles. I got it cleaned up and then deleted. Best thing I ever did. I suggest, if possible, to ensure your system is working good and then delete it (you will have a good system if you ever need to go back which is easy).
mega-engr is online now   Reply With Quote