3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Rapid Response Recall???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rapid Response Recall???

In an earlier thread I mentioned problems with my new truck. Throttle hesitation, etc.

The dealer mentioned they will re-program the computer to "lean it out" and replace the cat converter. This is due to a "rapid response recall". They are taking the converters out of trucks on the lot to make this happen.

Has anyone else had this throttle stumble?? What did your dealer do to fix this?

My truck hasn't shown and "Clogging %'s" that others have had.

Is there a site I can go to to see what the recalls are and what should be done to correct the problem.? I just want to make sure all the work is done now and not in a piecemeal method.

Anyone getting lots of fan noise with the AC on? The fan is so loud I can't hear the engine, etc. The sound remains until the AC is off. Any thoughts?

I will post when i get the truck back...hopefully sooner than later.

Overall really bummed to have this issue. I guess we'll all have problems since it is a new engine, but didn't DC test this truck before they intended to sell it? All my buds with the 5.9 are scared for me. My wife wants to drive it right back to the dealer and give it back. I know it's not the dealer's fault.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PM me your vin number and I'll see if it has a RRT open on it. As for the a/c fan noise, I think that is fairly normal. Annoying, yet normal!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 PM

vzdude,

Thanks, I sent you a PM with my VIN.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:44 PM

You will be happy with the 6.7 just give it time, we are the Ginny pigs but the engines are great and tow really nice too. I have had minor problems but nothing big at all. I think overall you will be happy you have a 6.7l... just give it some time
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The dang site is down for maintenance! The RRT is basically a computer re-flash. Some have had to have the cats replaced, but most can do the reflash and perform a manual regeneration on the DPF and be fine. As for the hesitation / stumble, IIRC that will be taken care of too in the flash !