3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fault Code: P-2a00-O2 Sensor 1/1 Circuit Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fault Code: P-2a00-O2 Sensor 1/1 Circuit Performance

Recently came back from Iraq, now in Florida visiting family. Just picked up a 2007 6.7 CTD, 4x4, 3500, Laramie. Truck looks and smells like it's still brand new. I've driven it about 800 miles so far, mostly some round trips out to a nearby Naval base to get some DOD decals and stuff like that. Truck has been awesome. Powerful, smooth, just great.

Started it up today to go get some fuel and the Malfunction Indicator Light came on. Came back, checked for the code and got the O2 sensor code above. That's all.

Fluids are good, no crazy sounds, no issues starting, no idle differences, gauges read the same, drive performance is the same. I've had a 2001 Dodge 2500 with the 5.9 - no issues, over 100k. Love the vehicle. Kept it stock and I "baby" my vehicles. I don't race from stop light to stop light, I don't crush the accelerator, I let the truck coast when I can to avoid having to climb on the brakes, etc. Doing the same with this truck. Only thing I do is when I'm stopped at a light for a bit I'll put the truck in N to take strain off the tranny and brakes rather than sit there in D (truck is automatic). Got the truck and with city driving, showed 15.4 mpg. With "my" driving and making these round trips (about 140 miles round trip) my mpg went up to 19.3. As good or better than my Wrangler, and much more comfortable to drive.

I need to depart soon to report to my next duty station. Just looking for advice on whether or not this is a serious issue or if it can wait until I get to my next station to go to a dealer. Truck has 21400 miles on it.

Did a lot of research on this site and decided to pull the trigger on this truck. Pretty happy. Expected some code issues and hope to get some money soon to get a Smarty. Movers lost or damaged half my stuff, so perhaps that money will go into the truck for a Smarty and the new Dyson for my wife can wait.

Any feedback would be appreciated. This site is a huge resource of great information.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
It shouldn't be anything serious, at most a high or low voltage signal from the 02 sensor. I would clear it and if it continually comes up, take it to the dealer, as you are well within your 5yr/100,000 mile warranty which covers the emissions equipment.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appreciate the feedback. I'll look up the information on how to clear this and move on. Once the redeployment craziness is over I'm getting a Smarty. Too many positive reviews on here not to go that route.

Thanks again.