3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

'09 Dodge or '08 Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mahdey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_...eature=channel

these two videos was enough to sway my two friends from buying a yota pos and buy an f-150. I know they are gassers but a frame should not have that much flex in it. My mouth dropped when i saw how much the yota frame flexed.
I test drove a couple of Tundras, and the bed flex is for real. I watched in the side view mirror going down the street and the bed was bouncing all over the place. I wasn't looking for it, but it caught my eye the first time I looked in the mirror. I guess it would be good to scramble some eggs with. I still like the Tundra, but I can't argue that their frames are flimsy toward the rear of the truck. Having said that, they also have excellent crash test ratings. Overall, I like the Ford. My heart is still with the 1/2 ton Dodge though.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:31 AM

Came across these facts in print.Not sure if totaly true but if so I find it a eye opener.Cnn news did a short news listing regarding Ford and Gms contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington. Findings listed.Ford $10 million to Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus $10 to the NY Fire Dept.Also offered ER responce team services. GM $10 million to Red Cross and a fleet of Vans,Suvs and trucks.Daimler Chrysler.$10 million to support childeren and victims of Sept 11th. Harley Davidson.$1 million and 30 new motorcycles to New York police dept. Volkswagen.Sept 11th Foundation Fund intialy with $2 million for childeren of victims. Hyundai. $300,000 to the RED CROSS. BMW.NOTHING.Daewoo.NOTHING.FIAT NOTHING.HONDA NOTHING. Did have second best sales month ever in August 2001. ISUZU NOTHING. MITSUBISHI NOTHING.NISSAN NOTHING.PORSCHE NOTHING.Did give a press release with condolences.SUBARU NOTHING.SUZUKI NOTHING.TOYOTA NOTHING.Did have claims of HIGH sales in July and August of 2001.Condolences posted on website. Need to keep this in mind when buying a new car or truck also.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 AM

I believe you are correct. I remember that same report. I'm happy with this Ford. Wish it had 3.73 gears instead of 3.55, but I'll live with it.

Looks like Obama will be running GM and Chrysler now. I cannot believe that we have let our country slip to the point that some slick talking, do-nothing politician is running 1 or 2 of our domestic car companies now. George Washington must be turning over in his grave. It literally makes me sick to think that our do-nothing-but-tax-us-to-death government is now running major companies (don't forget about AIG either).
Old 03-30-2009, 07:32 AM

I disagree the government should be involved in private business.BUT it amazes me with ALL the supposedly smart CEO's out there that the government has to be involved.Seems even the COMMON sense items these big company's are overlooking! I think the FEDS(shame it comes to this) ought to do SOMETHING about the UAW(nothing but a mobster mentality in my mind) and THEIR attitude!