3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Ujoint Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ujoint Help!!

Hello everyone I just made an account on this site. I noticed something very weird when I put new ujoints on my truck. The last time I put new ujoints on I had to press them in, this time they slid in veryyy easily. A little too easily and I was thinking I either ordered the wrong side or the slot where they go in stretched out a little because the old ujoints were absolutely awful and they were long overdue to be changed. They were so bad they were literally falling apart. One of the posts was evsn split in half. So I was hoping someone could tell me if I ordered the wrong ones or if you think it's a possibility that the slots could have been reemed out from the vibration. The truck is a 2006 5.9 4x4

heres the description of what I installed.
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 ST (5.9L 359CI L6 Diesel Turbo VIN: C)
  • Greasable Super Strength; At Transmission; RWD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 2-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; At Transmission; RWD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 3-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; Rear Driveshaft at Rear Axle; 4WD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 1-3/16" Bearing Outside Diameter; 2-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; Rear Driveshaft at Rear Axle; 4WD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 1-3/16" Bearing Outside Diameter; 3-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; Rear Driveshaft at Support Bearing; 4WD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 1-3/16" Bearing Outside Diameter; 3-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; Rear Driveshaft at Transmission; 4WD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 1-3/16" Bearing Outside Diameter; 2-Joint Driveshaft; 3-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; at Center Bearing; RWD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 3-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; at Rear Axle; RWD; 2-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; at Rear Axle; RWD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 2-Joint Driveshaft
  • Greasable Super Strength; at Rear Axle; RWD; Automatic Trans.; Transmission; 3-Joint Driveshaft
Old 04-14-2020, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's doubtful that it would have reamed them out. If it did they would be uneven and I think you would know by looking at them. Probably just got the wrong size. There are multiple drive shafts for these trucks depending on wheelbase and if your truck has 4x4 or not and what transmission you have.

I'm currently looking for the correct part# for u-joints on my truck. Carrier bearing blew out. Might as well replace all the u-joints also. Only 200k miles on them so far.