Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/)
-   -   Hey Luke S! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/hey-luke-s-23035/)

Push Rod 01-23-2003 12:51 PM

Hey Luke S!

I'm wondering if you could have a jaw with your service boys, and see if Chrysler has a fix for the freaky governor on these trucks. Is there a reflash or something along those lines?<br><br>The reason I ask is that I was turning the corner at the local RCMP barracks today, when the governor took off with the truck, and kicked my bad end sideways. Its a good thing there were no officers around, because it looked like I was showing off. Stunting tickets in the frozen North are pricy :'(<br><br>Rod

CTDKLONE 01-23-2003 01:25 PM

Re:Hey Luke S!

Frozen North....must have been on the ice to make her spin right Rod?? [laugh] [laugh]

Scotty 01-23-2003 08:54 PM

[quote author=PSDKLONE link=board=20;threadid=10022;start=0#95688 date=1043349914]<br>Frozen North....must have been on the ice to make her spin right Rod?? [laugh] [laugh]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah I agree MR. PSDKLONE...after having his truck for a week and then getting back in mine...I tapped the throttle like I was driving his and I was ALL OVER THE ROAD!<br>Then a few minutes later I get a call on the cell phone...its Rod...wondering what happened to the power. :P He said it felt like a F*&amp;D. [laugh] Poor sheep boy.

Casey Balvert 01-25-2003 06:08 AM

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=20;threadid=10022;start=0#95673 date=1043347894]<br>I'm wondering if you could have a jaw with your service boys, and see if Chrysler has a fix for the freaky governor on these trucks. Is there a reflash or something along those lines?<br><br>The reason I ask is that I was turning the corner at the local RCMP barracks today, when the governor took off with the truck, and kicked my bad end sideways. Its a good thing there were no officers around, because it looked like I was showing off. Stunting tickets in the frozen North are pricy :'(<br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>There have been problems with the Accelerator Position Sensor. Condensation in the unit can create problems with throttle inputs. Replace the Position Sensor apparently clears up the problem.<br><br>Casey

Push Rod 01-25-2003 07:07 AM

Thanks Casey. I'll have 'em check it out. I never thought of a bad APPs from factory.<br><br>But this does bring up a good question: Why does the 2003 FSM show two different APPs assemblies? Its got an &quot;early&quot; style (like mine), and &quot;later&quot; models with a completely different mounting location for the APPs. I'm assuming that there was going to be a mid-year switch at some point, but I was curious as to why?<br><br>Rod