3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Hey Luke S!

Old 01-23-2003, 12:51 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Luke S!

I'm wondering if you could have a jaw with your service boys, and see if Chrysler has a fix for the freaky governor on these trucks. Is there a reflash or something along those lines?<br><br>The reason I ask is that I was turning the corner at the local RCMP barracks today, when the governor took off with the truck, and kicked my bad end sideways. Its a good thing there were no officers around, because it looked like I was showing off. Stunting tickets in the frozen North are pricy :'(<br><br>Rod
Old 01-23-2003, 01:25 PM

Re:Hey Luke S!

Frozen North....must have been on the ice to make her spin right Rod??
Old 01-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

[quote author=PSDKLONE link=board=20;threadid=10022;start=0#95688 date=1043349914]<br>Frozen North....must have been on the ice to make her spin right Rod?? <br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah I agree MR. PSDKLONE...after having his truck for a week and then getting back in mine...I tapped the throttle like I was driving his and I was ALL OVER THE ROAD!<br>Then a few minutes later I get a call on the cell phone...its Rod...wondering what happened to the power. :P He said it felt like a F*&amp;D. Poor sheep boy.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:08 AM

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=20;threadid=10022;start=0#95673 date=1043347894]<br>I'm wondering if you could have a jaw with your service boys, and see if Chrysler has a fix for the freaky governor on these trucks. Is there a reflash or something along those lines?<br><br>The reason I ask is that I was turning the corner at the local RCMP barracks today, when the governor took off with the truck, and kicked my bad end sideways. Its a good thing there were no officers around, because it looked like I was showing off. Stunting tickets in the frozen North are pricy :'(<br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>There have been problems with the Accelerator Position Sensor. Condensation in the unit can create problems with throttle inputs. Replace the Position Sensor apparently clears up the problem.<br><br>Casey
Old 01-25-2003, 07:07 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

Thanks Casey. I'll have 'em check it out. I never thought of a bad APPs from factory.<br><br>But this does bring up a good question: Why does the 2003 FSM show two different APPs assemblies? Its got an &quot;early&quot; style (like mine), and &quot;later&quot; models with a completely different mounting location for the APPs. I'm assuming that there was going to be a mid-year switch at some point, but I was curious as to why?<br><br>Rod