3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Help! Making oil after injector replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Making oil after injector replacement

Hello all, I am in need of some advice quick as I leave for holidays tomorrow and needed the truck.

Background, truck started to get bad mpg, smoke, and throttle was sticking(hanging). I finally had enough and started to look into things. Thursday the 7th i noticed oil had increased about 3/8" so decided it was time.

I installed 6 NEW Bosch injectors 1 week ago Friday the 8th of August. Injectors had new came with new o-rings and crush washers on the injectors, I lubed them and installed. I reused 5 out of 6 tubes, they were clean, straight and showed no signs of marring or damage. All were clean inside, with o-rings in good shape. I replaced 1 as it was improperly installed (bearing were not lined with bore on top) and caused some wearing on the side of the tube. This was replaced with new. All items were torqued as specified, 1 initial torque to seat, then backed off and torqued to final specification.

Started truck and ran better than ever, quiet, no smoke. Amazing!

On Wednesday Aug. 13th I checked oil, was a tad low, added 1 liter. Also Installed a FASS Titanium 150gph

This morning I checked the oil for my trip and it was up over 1" above the hash marks!

My thoughts:

#1 - Injector tube not seated leaking rail pressure oil up past injector o-rings into head.
#2 - CP3 seal failing, allowing fuel past into crank case. I am actually leaning towards this as my making oil problem, due to how rapid the oil level increased after installation of FASS (making more pressure than stock possibly)

I am going to re-torque tubes and check that first.

If anyone has any thoughts, tips or past experiences please let me know so I can get on this fast after work tonight. So much for my new oil!

Thanks,
Ian