2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Where can I buy correct color dye for interior pieces??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy correct color dye for interior pieces??

Anyonw know where I can find the correct shade of tan to dye my dash and a few trim pieces that didn't come from my 01 donor truck?? I know the restoration companies sell it for older classics. Also curious how it holds up in the long run. Why am I changing colors, you ask?? MY current interior is grey and was ragged out. Carpet removed to install rubber floor mat, front and rear seats ragged out. door panels broken. I have in tan- new carpet, seats in great condition, perfect set of door panels. And i need to remove my dash to repair a few cracks anyhow. I used to work for one of those guys who do interrior repairs on the used car lots, so I'm going to try fixing it. Also is there anywhere I can get the original fabric that was used on the seats?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as I know Geno's garage has the mopar interior paint for the hard plastic parts. I don't know where to go to get the factory cloth other than a junkyard but am curious as I need to redo the interior of my truck too.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a O'Reilley's auto around, that's where I went, take them your paint code no. and they mixed mine up and stuck it in a spray can,,, it worked great and matches well.

I just ordered a new dash, so I'll have to paint it also,,,, no, I didn't order a POS dodge part

Oh yeah, also on the spray paint, I used Bulldog plastic preperation spray before I sprayed my pieces with the color paint, supposedly makes the paint stick better,,, anyway all of it worked well.