Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/)
-   -   darn fuel module connections (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/2nd-gen-dodge-ram-no-drivetrain-90/darn-fuel-module-connections-125210/)

TIMMY22 11-27-2006 08:07 PM

yea, the new module will have hard plastic 90's out of the top. they make 2 types of stainless steel clamps, get the marine grade. there about 2 bucks each but its worth it.

the old lines make a great place to cable tie your new lines to. my old lines leaked fuel out for a hundred miles or so after they were abandoned [laugh] .

ric o'shea 11-28-2006 01:17 AM

ok, i am going to measure the distance from the fuel module to the engine plus a couple extra feet. marine grade, with the stainless hose clamps. is there anything else i need for the engine connection? or is it a disconnect the old hose, and clamp the new one?

infidel 11-28-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ric o'shea (Post 1225788)
ok, i am going to measure the distance from the fuel module to the engine plus a couple extra feet. marine grade, with the stainless hose clamps. is there anything else i need for the engine connection? or is it a disconnect the old hose, and clamp the new one?

Some good quality cable ties. I use the black nylon type but if you want to get fancy you could get some made out of stainless steel.

I also run my hose though autoparts plastic electrical loom. Cheap and gives a little more sense of security even though the USCG hose is very heavy duty.

I usually cut away as much of the old hose as I can get to just to get it out of view.

ric o'shea 11-28-2006 05:13 PM

located the fuel feed connection. as for the return,it kinda goes behind the feed connection so i probably will just splice into that short rubber hose before the steel line on the return part of it.. boy is it tight in there, but i am a newbie so what can i say.. i think it was easier droppin the fuel tank. i measured 13' for both lines, giving myself some extra. i finally found the trident brand marine hoses. "trident" wants $4.00/ft WOW!!***"go 2 marine"(shields brand) $1.44/ft, and "west marine co" (shields brand) $2.49-$2.89/ft. these where all type 1 uscg approved diesel rated..

anyone please chime in.. is one better than the other? or should i go with the cheapest price.. i will place the order tomorrow..

TIMMY22 11-28-2006 05:42 PM

yea, the one in behind the master cylinder area is a real SOB to get to. I went the west marine route, they have a great selection of clamps and cable ties too!

infidel 11-28-2006 06:59 PM

as for the return,it kinda goes behind the feed connection so i probably will just splice into that short rubber hose before the steel line on the return part of it..
If I'm reading you right you're talking about splicing into the existing return line?
That's the most failure prone part of fuel system, don't do it.
It's no big deal to get to where the hose ties into the metal line just forward and and behind the filter. Just remove the filter.

ric o'shea 11-28-2006 08:37 PM

thanks for the heads up infidel.. i will remove the filter for access, and connect the return to the steel line..