24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Where did Storx post go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did Storx post go?

Where did the post about helping with the transmissions go? I was hoping for a response to a question but now the post is gone? Did admin delete it?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, they did i was told i was violating advertisement rules and regulations... I do want to apolagize for not being able to help you anymore.. understandingly me helping you by telling you what is wrong is offering a service that i didnt pay to advertise on this forum... sorry again hamiliton
Old 07-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Giving advice on how to fix something is what these forums are all about. Offering to get parts for people from a non advertising vendor here, is against the rules.

You can help all you want, what you can't do is advertise for someone for free, because other people pay for that right here. Just help out with out all the ads thrown in
Old 07-18-2006, 12:44 PM

Ok Storx, I'll post my question again.

My auto is my daily driver and I have a shudder (light jerking) when in OD at @1500rpms at 55-60 mph going up hills empty. I can turn off OD and it will pull smooth as long as my rpms are over 1800. When I'm towing I try not to let my rpms drop below 1700. If I let it get below 1800rpms when pulling and get on a hill, I can feel the shudder. Now my question, you had mentioned OD slip and shudder. From my symptoms, which one do you think I have and would a VB or band adjustment fix it? I have 141,000miles on a stock tranny so I really don't want to dump a lot of money in it, I just want to get all I can out of it. When the time does come for a new trans, I will give you a shout to get your recommendations.

Hopefully this post will not violate any rules.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice

so advice is only good if it was paid for even if it is not the best or best fix, you have to go with what money tells you. half of these members might be advertisers giving daily advice to sell stuff and thats ok cause they paid?
is this site about helping or straight profit?

not trying to cause trouble but that remark was a little unsettling!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Is this thread going to be about advertising or transmissions? Figure it out and try again. This one is going nowhere fast. Guys, if some of you would actually read the rules of the site when you register, you wouldn't be having issues like this. READ THEM, and there won't be a question!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by skinny_9
so advice is only good if it was paid for even if it is not the best or best fix, you have to go with what money tells you.
I don't know where you came up with that stuff, it has no bearing on what I said at all.

Advice is FREE here in that we provide this forum for your use FREE you paid NOTHING for the right to gather all the free info here. No one pays for the right to give advice here, they pay for the righ to advertise their products.

This fellow had essentially set himself up as a spokesperson for this vendor posting ads for that company including an offer to help you buy products from that company even though he is NOT a paid advertising vendor. It is doubtful the actual vendor was even aware he was doing it in this manner.

That has NOTHING to do with advice on a problem you may have. He can still give the same advice by not trying to turn the thread into an unpaid ad. If it were truly an attempt at helpful advice, why the need to mention the company name at all?

half of these members might be advertisers giving daily advice to sell stuff and thats ok cause they paid?
Giving advice and trying to sell stuff are two seperate issues entirely and precisely the problem we had with the original thread. We do NOT allow vendors to troll this site and turn every question into a sales pitch, that is one of the major differences between us and other forums.

They pay for an advertising banner and are free to answer questions directly asked of them. They are also enqouraged to participate in a helpful manner on the forum, but NOT in a way that turns every post they make into an ad.

is this site about helping or straight profit?
One look around this site will answer that question for you. It is full of free info for you to use everyday and yet it costs you NOTHING!

not trying to cause trouble but that remark was a little unsettling!
Your intent here is quite clear but I will spell it it for you in plain english so we do not have a misunderstanding.

This site is provided for you free of charge, I sell some advertising in order to be able to keep the site online and FREE for your use. It is NOT fair to a vendor who pays for an ad here, to compete with one who does not.

In this particular case the actual vendor sells Transmissions parts and service and has NEVER come on this forum in an attempt to get "FREE ADVERTISING" for himself. He is a classy guy and is always welcome on this forum.

What happened here was not an attempt by him but rather a mistake by a well meaning customer who just didn't understand the rules here and posted in such a manner that it looked like an ad, NOT helpful info.

He is enqouraged to help all he wants to here, he just can't offer to sell parts or fix your transmission for pay. That should be a really simple thing to do if all he wants to do is help.

Don't you think?