Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/)
-   -   top engine clean (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/24-valve-engine-drivetrain-89/top-engine-clean-126655/)

ldperrine 12-05-2006 04:51 PM

top engine clean

i recently had to have a dodge dealer replace the tranny governor solenoid and sensor. the sevice manager called me after i took it in and told me i also needed a top engine clean. we discussed it and i told him i did not want that done at this time. truck had 58000 miles on it. when i went to pick it up and pay for it i found out that they did the top engine clean anyway. that cost me an additional $200+. what did they do for the extra money???? and is it worth it?

slim51015 12-05-2006 07:13 PM

What is the "top engine clean" ?

PChouinard 12-05-2006 07:21 PM

I think they cleaned the top of your wallet for ya. Nobody should be inside your engine utill 150,000 for a valve adjustment. Am I wrong guys? 58,000 should have 8 oil changes and a fuel filter or two.. clean the engine with gunk engine brite (plain type).

carcrz 12-05-2006 07:24 PM

Did they actually clean the engine compartment? Degrease everything maybe?

dbrick 12-05-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by ldperrine (Post 1237662)
i recently had to have a dodge dealer replace the tranny governor solenoid and sensor. the sevice manager called me after i took it in and told me i also needed a top engine clean. we discussed it and i told him i did not want that done at this time. truck had 58000 miles on it. when i went to pick it up and pay for it i found out that they did the top engine clean anyway. that cost me an additional $200+. what did they do for the extra money???? and is it worth it?

If that were my truck and they did it without my consent I would tell them to stick it in their ear or a place a little more distant. But I'm being polite. And what is a Top clean anyway? Is it by the muffler bearing

dsl kicks gas 12-05-2006 08:26 PM

if you told them NOT to do it and they did anyways id tell em to take that bill and roll and sitck it up their <edit for language> !!!![verymad] but if they didnt do it they would find some way to try to void your warrenty

and i have no idea what a top engine clean is, either cleaned inside of the valve cover, cleaned engine bay, or found a nice way to get a bounus!! did ya pay for it?

PaulDaisy 12-05-2006 08:39 PM

I would say that either they take it off my bill or they never see me at their service department again. I hate when they do these things [verymad]
-P

biododge1 12-05-2006 09:13 PM

a top engine clean is next to the kanuten valve-just below the muffler bearing[laugh] [laugh]

dbrick 12-05-2006 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by biododge1 (Post 1238116)
a top engine clean is next to the kanuten valve-just below the muffler bearing[laugh] [laugh]

I thought I was close. I'm going out to my shop and try to find it. --------Might not be back for a while[laugh]

biododge1 12-05-2006 09:21 PM

it took me years [and much alcohol] to find it[laugh]

jr22 12-05-2006 09:32 PM

it actually done more on gasoline powered cars but we have 1 at the dealership {collecting dust} if its the same thing as are its a solvent they tap into the oil system rum your truck for 10 to 15 minutes and drain your oil and filter and replace. thet disconnect your fuel filter and attach machine inline hits your intake and valve with a chemical to remove carbon etc. WE DO NOT DO THIS PRACTICE ANYMORE !! we had a truck devlop a knock after the cleaning this was 3 years ago. we lean more toward education to are customers and recommend power service than anything else.
lastly i wont pay due to the fact the the service was declined. jr

dbrick 12-06-2006 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by biododge1 (Post 1238137)
it took me years [and much alcohol] to find it[laugh]

That wasn't it-- that was the worm. B:( een there

Shovelhead 12-06-2006 05:57 AM

If it's like many "Services" shops perform, they probably used about $5.00 worth of chemicals and tried to charge you $200.
If you pay, they made money, if you refuse, they aren't out much.
If you refused the "service", why should you pay for it?

ldperrine 12-06-2006 04:12 PM

top engine clean

yes i had to pay for it as i was in the process of moving to az and was in a hurry. jr22 thanks, that sounds like what they did. it really ****** me off. i think i will file some kind of formal complaint against them. not to mention any names but beware of the dodge dealer in elko nv !!!

ldperrine 12-06-2006 05:51 PM

t e c

i filed complaints with nv dmv, chamber of commerce, and the BBB. wait and see what happens.