24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Part number please!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Part number please!!

Hello everyone!

I am in need of the part number and a good source for the power steering pump support bracket. My PSpump took a powder this past weekend, along with the rear brake calipers. I know, great timing!! Any way, when I tore everything apart, I did not have any rear support bracket on the PS pump. I am replacing the leaking vacuum pump seal, and so removed the whole works from the truck, but I don't want to put it back together without the proper support! The last thing I need is to tear the system down again to replace the seal if the proper support would prevent the vibrations and flexing from trashing out the new seal in the first place!!

I called Cummins Central Power in Omaha, and he lists a Vacuum Pump Support for around $380.00, but he isn't sure this is what I need. I don't have access to a fax machine for a few days (vacationing) and he wants to send the exploded diagram before we order anything. Does someone have the diagram they can send in an email or pm? I am really needing to get the truck running! This is the last part of the late muzzleloader deer season, and I want to get some hunting in -- that was the whole point on taking the vacation.

Any help is appreciated!!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vacuum pump and power steering support bracket is from Cummins part #
Old 12-28-2007, 07:18 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks! Anyone have the diagram to show me where it needs to be re-attached? I am calling Cummins to verify the part number -- they may have upgraded and changed numbers like the VP-44 support bracket. Again, Thank You!!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Cummins in Omaha can have one to me by next Wednesday. Bummer on the time!! They are pretty proud of it, too. $80.56! I guess it will save more than that in time and trouble later, but I wish whoever did the last repair on the PS Pump had put the bracket back, or torqued the bolt tight enough. Anyone know where I can get one for less money and/or faster than Wednesday??
Old 01-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Update:

Cummins has the part in, but the parts guy is pretty embarrassed to sell it to me. He says it is just a piece of strap, bent to 90 degrees then twisted, with a hole in each end. He says he can't see where the price should come from! Perhaps I should have a machine shop fab me up the bracket, or make a better one for less money! I guess if anyone has the picture and some dimensions, I would go that route instead -- I just don't see where that piece of steel should cost me almost $100.00 by the time tax and freight are added to it. Kudos to Cummins Central Power for giving me an honest assessment, though!